60 Miles - 3 Days

Izabelle G.
on 5/6/13 2:52 am - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12 with

I decided that I am going to walk in the Susan G Komen 3-Day for the Cure. It is a 60 mile walk. It benefits the fight against breast cancer.

I did the walk when I was 5 months pregnant. I used the pregnancy as an excuse to not walk the entire thing. They have buses that take you from one pit stop the other in case you can't do it. I know that my weight held me back more than I care to admit.

Well, I was still afraid to walk this year. So I registered to be a crew member. I would volunteer my time to help with the event. Even though I have lost a significant amount of weight, I did not feel like I could do the walk.

Then I got a call. My brother in law's wife lost her battle with cancer. Her cancer started in her ovaries/uterus when she was in her late 20's. It spread to her whole body.  Her last words were "I can't do this anymore." 

Although it is labeled a breast cancer walk, I am doing it for all of those in my family who are battling or have battled cancer.

I am also doing it for myself to prove that I can do it.  Wish me luck!

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

BREAZA
on 5/6/13 4:21 am
VSG on 04/24/13

Best of luck with your walk!! You've got great motivation to do it and know you can especially if you were able to walk some of it while pregnant. :) Cancer is something that touches close to home for me since both my uncle and grandfather passed away from it. Although they each had a different form of cancer I too like to partake in activities that raise awareness or help raise funds for it. What you're doing is great and certainly for a good cause!

danigirl42
on 5/6/13 5:56 am - PA
VSG on 01/02/13 with

Wow.  I'm sorry for your family's loss - it's so sad :(  

You can definitely do it!!!  Good luck!

jacreasy
on 5/6/13 8:49 am
VSG on 04/23/12

WOW! Good Luck, Thats AWESOME Please let us know how it goes... YOU CAN AND WILL DO IT!angry

(VSG)  HW, 346 SW, 341 CW 176.2 GW, 165  kiss

Izabelle G.
on 5/6/13 12:42 pm - Cheltenham, PA
VSG on 10/15/12 with
Thank you! It will be a challenge but that is what this whole journey has been!

I am walking 60 Miles in 3 Days to fight cancer! Donate today!!

http://www.the3day.org/goto/igomes

Surgery 10/15/12 - HW-263lbs GW-150lbs CW- 170.8

Puffessa
on 5/7/13 5:25 am

I did the 3 Day in 2000 and it was one of the best experiences of my life. (You definitely have to train to build up the strength of the muscles in your feet.) It was the only time I ever felt like an athlete.

The last day was bucketing rain, which gave me blisters. I was walking down the Pacific Coast Highway to the finish line in Malibu. Instead of a pity party, I decided to do a gratitude alphabet, and to think of something (at least one thing) for which I am grateful for each letter of the alphabet. The women I lost to breast cancer were woven into my alphabet. And then, I was at the finish line.

YOU CAN DO THIS.

(((((hugs))))))

Most Active