How do you know?

Teresa J.
on 5/11/13 1:31 am - McKinney, TX
VSG on 08/06/12 with

I have been at a stall for 4 weeks now.  Weight ranges from 167 to 165 on any given day.  Calories range from 800-600, water intake is 64-100+ ounces, protein is 70-100 and carbs are 40 or below.  How do you know when your body may be telling you it is time to up the calories?  Also, how did you wrap your minds around this?  Eating more calories has me freaking out!  Scared that it will make the scale go the wrong direction.  Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Teresa

acbbrown
on 5/11/13 1:36 am - Granada Hills, CA

Eating more is rarely ever the answer - especially when you are still under a year out...once you start eating more, it just gets harder to cut back later on if you decide it wasnt the right answer. Stalls happen, just ride it out. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

(deactivated member)
on 5/11/13 1:41 am

Eating more will not help you get to goal.  I would seriously stop and think about your numbers.  Are you absolutely certain that you are really eating between 600-800 calories with most of it being lean dense protein?  I have often been asked to look at people's food diaries who tell me that this is what they are eating and find that they are eating a great deal more, sometimes twice as much, as they think.  (I am not saying you are doing this, just that it is rather common).  If you really are eating within this program and not losing, you need to increase exercise while keeping calories steady.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 5/11/13 4:06 am
VSG on 10/09/12
Me too Teresa. Stall for a month then lost a pound and now who knows...maybe its not really a stall anymore but this is how it is going to be in terms of rapid weight loss being over and slow weight loss or stalls starting. I think increasing the calories may not be the answer. I am staying between 600-800 and upping walking daily and also trying to portion the meals out to more frequent but smaller portions within the same overall limit. I am told it keeps the metabolism going. I don't know of course but worth a try!

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

MacMadame
on 5/11/13 4:09 pm - Northern, CA

"How do you know when your body may be telling you it is time to up the calories? "

The way your body tells you it's time to up the calories is by losing more weigh than you want to lose. If you aren't losing weight then either your retaining water or you arent' eating at a calorie deficit any more.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active