switching surgeon?

rbrown116
on 5/9/13 12:05 pm - IA
VSG on 08/08/13

I've already been approved for my surgery, but the surgeon's office won't allow payments to be made (out of pocket has to be paid upfront). I'm considering switching surgeons.. eek!! Has anyone had Teresa LaMasters in DSM? Or worked went through Iowa Health? I'm really nervous because I don't want to push my surgery back, but I just don't know if this is the right move. Any info on Iowa Health and/or surgeons there would be great!!! 

HW: 330lbs, SW: 307.2, GW: 140lbs
Surgery: VSG  Date: August 8th, 2013
Month 1-25.6, Month 2-13.8

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

AnnieinIA
on 5/9/13 12:15 pm
I was originally scheduled (last Sept) for surgery with Dr Smolik at Mercy. I switched to Methodist at the very last second and had Dr Eibes, who works with Dr LeMasters. I have met her, but she wasn't my surgeon.

Dr Eibes did a great job, and I am sure she does too.

Annie
rbrown116
on 5/9/13 12:37 pm - IA
VSG on 08/08/13

Not sure if I will get to choose my surgeon, but how was your overall experience with Methodist and Eibes? I guess I haven't looked into him very much.. oops! 

HW: 330lbs, SW: 307.2, GW: 140lbs
Surgery: VSG  Date: August 8th, 2013
Month 1-25.6, Month 2-13.8

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

AnnieinIA
on 5/9/13 12:49 pm
If you use Methodist - you can choose your surgeon - I did. I picked Eibes because he did the intro meeting I went to and I liked him. He has done a few more VSG than LeMasters.

I switched from Mercy because both Eibes and LeMasters have done more surgeries than Smolik.

I think he did a great job with the surgery itself. Aftercare I am less happy with.

I liked the NUT at Mercy better. I like the exercise person at Methodist.

Great surgery - kinda mediocre aftercare.

A
MacMadame
on 5/9/13 5:19 pm - Northern, CA

They pretty much all want you to pay up front. It seems to be some sort of industry standard. The only way to do payments is to get a medical loan through a third party.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active