After my surgery tomorrow, I'm afraid I will have to do a LOT of eating!

angelsmom89
on 5/12/13 11:04 am - Tallahassee, FL

My WORDS!!!!  I'm afraid I will be eating my words!!!!

Those who have been around 3 years or more may remember me from when I was posting a lot before.  It's taken three and a half years to get to the point of having surgery tomorrow, May 13th!

Because I have been studying the VSG for over three years, I somehow got it in my head that I know almost as much as a vet and that after my surgery I would act as if I was a vet by doing the following:

I will stick to the eating plan and not even consider eating off the plan because I already know what can happen

I won't write in and ask if it is OK to eat something not on the plan because I changed my mind about the previous sentence

I wiil not freak out if my weight stalls at 3 weeks

I will not have a Pity Fiesta (bigger than a Pity Party even though I'm the only one attending) by weeping, gnashing my teeth, and telling everyone I meet that the surgery was a mistake and that my life and stomach are now ruined

I'm sure I will like every powdered protein drink because I've already tried several and I like them all, even banana

I found a chewable vitamin that I like and will not be complaining about the taste later

I will weigh myself maybe every two or three days and certainly not once a day, and certainly, certainly not a bunch of times a day to see if it will stay that weight

I will take any disappearing hair in stride as I have planned for it

I will do facial stretches, dry brushing and whatever else I can come up with because I am convinced this will help my skin not sag

I will expect my VSG experience to be so much better than everyone elses because I already know so much about it and will do it in my own personalized way as I am an individual and who better than me to tweak my own recovery than myself since I know myself better than anyone else

I will not freak out and write long ranting posts on OH every other day (or even every day) because something came up that I didn't expect, or wasn't 1,000% prepared to deal with

This reminds me of right before my daughter was born.  I planned and read, and read and planned and was TOTALLY prepared for the birth of my first child.  Hahahaha, I was soooo totally NOT grounded in reality then!  I can only hope that I am slightly more grounded in reality now.

I guess we'll see how it goes.  As of tonight I have a feeling I will be eating a LOT of crow in the next few days, weeks and months.  But at least I will know that I have to eat it first, chew it well, and not drinking any thing for at least half an hour afterward!

No heaven will not ever Heaven be
Unless my cats are there to welcome me.
~Author Unknown

camilla1031
on 5/12/13 12:09 pm - MI
Good luck tomorrow and congrats
Willowbeez
on 5/12/13 12:17 pm - Ontario, Canada
VSG on 05/14/13

Awesome post.  Best of luck tomorrow and wishes for a quick recovery.

Windycindy
on 5/12/13 12:22 pm
Love your post!!! Good luck, you will do awesome!
daisymae426
on 5/12/13 12:41 pm
VSG on 08/27/13
Love this.
serenity1959
on 5/12/13 2:23 pm
VSG on 08/05/13

Ha!   Another fellow "researches-things- to-death" person.  However, you forgot a few things:

We are totally prepared for being cold and will not complain about that, either. 

We will not be convinced we will die of malnutrition shortly after surgery because we know that our stomach will be swollen and the swelling will go down eventually so we will be to get in enough calories to sustain us.

We are prepared for the fact that our digestion may go awry.

We know that after surgery, we will be fatigued and need frequent naps.

I am sure there are more!  

pineview01
on 5/12/13 2:52 pm - Davison, MI

Good Luck!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Sleeveless
on 5/12/13 3:48 pm - CA
VSG on 11/26/12

Best wishes for tomorrow. You're going to do great!

(deactivated member)
on 5/12/13 4:57 pm - Lower Burrell, PA

You and I are surgiversary buddies... I'm scheduled for  may 13th too... I'm leaving in just 2 and a half hours :D when are you scheduled? GOOD LUCK TODAY!!! HUGS

Deckeriv
on 5/12/13 9:15 pm - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

Walk, walk, walk, sip, sip, sip. You got this.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Most Active