Back to basics~~ How's it going?

dot4you
on 5/15/13 12:31 pm - CA

It's been almost a week since I stepped on the scale & saw my 20lb weight gain.

I've gone back to basics and I feel better physically. Down 4 lbs, scale didn't move today :-(

How's it going for you? What's the hardest part about sticking to the basics?

For me it's those moments when I want to say "forget it, who cares!" And then telling myself, " I care!"

Then move forward & stick to the plan.

Wishing you the best.

Thanks in advance

brilynn79
on 5/15/13 5:15 pm, edited 5/15/13 5:16 pm

WTG on the 4lbs!!!  That is awesome progress!!!

ITA about those moments.  I can't seem to get and keep my head in the game.  The more I try to be "good"  the more obsessed I am with cravings.  

When I am snacky, I have been turning to broccoli slaw and apples.  I just can not kick the soda addiction.  Its the liquid calories that are killing me.

One foot infront of the other and not letting one bad choice turn into many.  I think I am doing worse now than when I was not focusing on eating better?!?!

dot4you
on 5/16/13 12:17 am - CA

That's great that you can eat broccoli...If I eat that  (gas!! & pain) unless I cook it until it's mush.

I was lucky & never went back to soda after VSG...I was addicted to diet soda. But sometimes I catch myself looking at my DH & wishing I could drink it....

I find that if I watch the clock (no fun) & time my drinking 30-60 mins before and after eating....it "cuts" down on the time to be off plan. That seems to help me. And a hour of the treadmill also takes away time...

being perfect isn't in my nature, not going to happen. But if I can be kind to myself & remember that it's ok for me to have this healthy life. I deserve it.

I hope today goes great for you & your goal for today is your sucess!!

Most Active