5k mud run; what a difference from last year

dianne220
on 5/18/13 10:12 am - TX
VSG on 10/02/12

So last year I was on the sidelines rooting on my husband who is an amazing athlete.  Fast forward to this year and I am down 114 pounds and this is my fourth 5K!  This was had obstacles and a lot of mud.  I have about 10 bruises on each knee now and 4 bruises on my elbows!  It was tough but I am proud of myself.  I was not able to do the monkey bars and it did disappoint me because I am very competitive.  But after a lot of reflecting from last year I have done amazing.  I think it took about 55 minutes but there was a lot of obstacles.  My 5K without obstacles is 31.20.  

After the race I cried a lot from thinking about how far I have come.  I don't understand how I let myself gain so much weight in the first place but I won't let it happen again.  I am 7.5 months post op and down 83 from surgery.  I am living the life I wanted to all along.  I am a better mother and wife. I am happier and just enjoying everything life has to offer.  I am a solid 12, down from a 24.  In shirts I am a small/medium when I was a 2x or 22.  I love my sleeve!

5' 8.75" HW 278 / Doctor supervised Diet 271 / SW 247 / Doctor's goal 175 / Personal Goal 167/ Current weight 155/  M1: 24.8  M2: 10.8  M3: 10.8  M4: 10.4  M5: 7.6  M6: 10.6  M7:  6.6  M8:  5.6  M9:  5.0

Ihearttennis
on 5/18/13 1:28 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13
On May 18, 2013 at 5:12 PM Pacific Time, dianne220 wrote:

So last year I was on the sidelines rooting on my husband who is an amazing athlete.  Fast forward to this year and I am down 114 pounds and this is my fourth 5K!  This was had obstacles and a lot of mud.  I have about 10 bruises on each knee now and 4 bruises on my elbows!  It was tough but I am proud of myself.  I was not able to do the monkey bars and it did disappoint me because I am very competitive.  But after a lot of reflecting from last year I have done amazing.  I think it took about 55 minutes but there was a lot of obstacles.  My 5K without obstacles is 31.20.  

After the race I cried a lot from thinking about how far I have come.  I don't understand how I let myself gain so much weight in the first place but I won't let it happen again.  I am 7.5 months post op and down 83 from surgery.  I am living the life I wanted to all along.  I am a better mother and wife. I am happier and just enjoying everything life has to offer.  I am a solid 12, down from a 24.  In shirts I am a small/medium when I was a 2x or 22.  I love my sleeve!

Congratulations! That must feel amazing. I saw your pics and you are so tiny! You are a real inspiration. 

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Most Active