Band to Sleeve Revision Surgery 9 days away

angdenise
on 5/19/13 11:19 am - IN
VSG on 05/28/13

Well I am 10 days from my revision surgery. Was really interested in knowing what some of your experiences were post surgery. How was the pain? Did you have much nausea? Was it worse or easier than the original? I have only had a couple of surgeries in my life (band, d/c, and gallbladder) and I have always bounced right back (I was shopping in Target he day after my gallbladder). I am just really nervous and curious what to expect. Dr. Lee says the most painful spot will be were the removed the port...is that what you all have noticed?

Thanks for your thought!

Nervous and Excited,

Angie

---I have already posted this on the revision board so no need to remind me :-)

wink~~~Angie~~~

**Revised to a Sleeve Gastrectomy 5/28/13

Andrea H.
on 5/19/13 11:39 am - Middletown, NJ
VSG on 04/08/13 with
Hi Angie,

I had my surgery on April 8th, and I am a band to sleeve revision. The pain was not too bad, just uncomfortable. I too was walking around Target 2 days later. The port removal incision was achy but not painful. I had some nausea the first night, I think mine was due to the pain medicine though. When I came home from the hospital my routine was sleep, sip, and walk. Walking helps a lot.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you!
Andrea
Hopeful4
on 5/19/13 1:44 pm
VSG on 05/03/13
Im a band to sleeve revision too. Where the port came out def hurt the most! But boy am i glad its out. Really overall for me nothing was painful as much as really tender. Nausea for me i think was from pain meds or anesthesia. Since u get iv meds it clears quickly once they find the right meds. Dont hesitate to ask for anything!
I was so nervous beforehand- nothing to be worried abt. Drinking was (is) harder for me i think b it was a revision but it could just be me bc i had trouble after the band too.
Good luck! Im much happier so far and im only two weeks out!
kellied77
on 5/19/13 10:48 pm, edited 5/19/13 10:50 pm

Band to sleeve for me was quite a bit more painful than having the band placed.  I had way more problems with gas and getting my fluids down for two days. 

I woke up from surgery in a lot of pain.  I had zero pain when I woke from band placement.

On day four I was doing great!

I too was worried about port site pain.  I had no pain there.  My most tender incision was the largest one on the left used to remove the stomach.

I love having the band out and like the sleeve WAY better!

Good luck, you'll do fine.

"The things we fear are undefeatable, not by their nature, but by our approach"

VSG on April 24, 2013 / 36 years old, 5' 7"  M1:28 M2:11 M3:14 M4:6

Dev *.
on 5/20/13 4:07 am - Austin, TX

Right there with you! I'm scheduled for the 30th as well!

Banded 03/22/06  276/261/184 (highest/surgery/lowest)

Sleeved 07/11/2013  228/165 (surgery/current) (111lbs lost)

Mom to two of the cutest boys on earth.

Most Active