I got good labs and other ramblings...

SophieNJ
on 5/20/13 4:45 am, edited 5/20/13 5:01 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

just back from my endocrinologist, who's doing all my lab work...everything is within normal range!! (except my thyroid, which has been a problem this past year, before and after wls). 

so she notices my Nike Fuel and asked how many steps did I have today...to which I look out the window and comment on how the day is looking nice...she shows me her FitBit, and shows me over 6,000 steps....wha? it's only noon....well, she's a runner...my knees were not made for running.....however...I know I have to up my exercise...am only getting in 2-3 times a week, and that needs to go to 4-5, and eventually more.

I will soon be in two Wonderlands at the same time!!  am going to Disney World in a few days, and should hit under 200 very shortly... last year we walked between 3 and 5 miles per day, it will be a blast to see what my Fuel says this time  My cuz is there already with a full kitchen, and did my shopping for me...cottage cheese, cheese sticks, almond milk, eggs...I'm bringing my protein powders and a really good pair of sneakers!  I know I can find grilled chicken in the park, and this will be my first time I don't have a list of souvenir food to have (corndogs at Boardwalk, turkey legs, those orange/vanilla ice cream things in Adventureland, buffet at Germany, taquittos at Mexico, oh, just too many to list).  it will be a whole new experience for me.  and I can't wait! 

Sophie

Oh, I forgot  to add this....hubby just handed me about 10 shirts that are too large for him (he's lost 44 since 4/5/13)....I said oh ok I'll put them in your closet downstairs....huh?? wait a min, why am I keeping them??  oh no, put them in the Goodwill pile right now!  we don't need them anymore!! LOL  just wait until I go through my closets.

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

shess1025
on 5/20/13 5:32 am - Novato, CA
I love the term Souvenir Food! I can so relate with all my favorite street and county fairs coming up. Pretty much all the street fairs have teriyaki chicken skewers though. I'll bring a couple of ziplock bags with me and Crystal Light. I really associate those events with some pretty unhealthy food...

VSG on 3/13/13 with Dr. Gregg Jossart. HW: 364. SW: 287. GW: 150. CW: 190

Most Active