Implanon (birth control) after WLS

rbrown116
on 5/23/13 11:26 am - IA
VSG on 08/08/13

I'm scheduled to get Implanon birth control inserted tomorrow morning, and I'm starting to get worried. A girl that I work with had WLS and said that, because of the rapid weight loss, her Implanon moved/got attached to the tissue, and it was really painful when they cut it out. I also read other people say that they've gotten lost, and they haven't been able to find the rod with an ultrasound. 

Has anyone else had this experience, or was it easy to have the Implanon removed after your weight loss surgery?? I just don't want to end up not being able to get this thing out of my body when that time comes!! 

HW: 330lbs, SW: 307.2, GW: 140lbs
Surgery: VSG  Date: August 8th, 2013
Month 1-25.6, Month 2-13.8

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

Shagdoll
on 5/23/13 2:11 pm
Are you talking about Nexplanon? That is what I have & I got it back in January of this year. Here I thought it was cool to have this little match sized implant in my arm. I can feel it but now worry if it might move. I have been spotting several times a month which is a pain in the ass. I has the mirena IUD & loved that until the wire strings were poking & cuting me; that's why I switched. I feel like I was running out of options for a BC where I didn't have to be on a pill.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active