Onederland plus NSV in WDW

SophieNJ
on 6/7/13 4:33 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

I thought I would hit onederland while I was in Disneyworld recently....but no...all that walking, while good for my body, did nothing to push the scale down.  could also be the fact that I added some new foods (salmon, salad, fruit, veggies),(but kept in my cals/carbs) ...today I hit 198.5, whoo hoo!!! Must be over 20 yrs...maybe even 30,  since I've been under 200....

in disney, I pretty much ate my usual.....protein drinks, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken, ww cheese sticks (most of their resorts have a refridge, plus my cuz stayed in a villa and went shopping/cooking for me).  only things I bought in the park were water and a kid size sandwich - turkey and cheese, and just ate the insides..and 4 grapes :)  .everything else I carried in my own stuff.

sorry, am babbling on here...so here's my big NSV -  ok, you all may have probably had this happen to you...when you're fat, sometimes kids are afraid of you...I personally have had kids look at me, hide behind their parents and act downright afraid.  Well, this time, at WDW, 2 separate kids, 2 total stranger kids, just walked up to me and started to talk to me!!!  I was shocked!!  Each time they were with parent/s, but wanted to tell me about the rides we were about to go on....it was delightful to have that happen.

as long as I'm babbling....I do believe there are children in this world who have never seen/been around big people....is that possible??  if they should make a nasty comment, I always blame the parent for making them bigoted/prejudiced, and esp if they don't correct the behavior immediately.  In Disneyworld, there are ssssooo many different sized people, and sometimes it's amusing (but not in a good way) to see others observe big folk.  I'm from NYC, so rarely look twice at anything/anyone out of the norm....it's just that I've been exposed to so many kinds/types of people.....

jenn227
on 6/7/13 4:44 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Congrats on Onederland!!!!!!!  Awesome achievement!  And what a wonderful NSV!!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

SophieNJ
on 6/7/13 4:54 am - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Thanks Jenn!

Happy Gurl
on 6/7/13 9:26 am
VSG on 10/26/12

Congrats, Sophie!!!  It is a wonderful feeling:)  Sounds like you did great at Disney, and more importantly had a great time!  Enjoy!!

HW: 390, HbandW: 340, LbandW:237,

HsleeveW: on 10/27/12:270, CW: 167:) GW: 175 :))))

M1:22, M2:16, M3:10, M4:9, M5:8, M6: 9, M7: 8, M8: 6, M9: 3, M10: 4

pineview01
on 6/7/13 2:07 pm - Davison, MI

Congratulations on reaching Onderland.  Isn't it just the greatest feeling.  I too hadn't seen it in 30 years. (Except a short time during a divorce.)

That is an awesome NSV too!  I will be looking forward to my Disney trip with the Grands this year.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active