WAY too good choc protein shake with PB2!! My new YUM!!

sheranfour
on 6/11/13 10:01 am

I'll be honest. Really bummed today because darn scale is not reflecting the hard work I've been doing. I know it will and I am plowing right thru this...but it was a rough mood day. Really wish I didn't let the numbers get me down.

On the plus side, I decided to shake things up a bit to see if I can wake my body up from same old same old. With Keith's help I'm changing up my workouts ( Thanks Keith!!)...so this is a plus.

THEN...I had gone to GNC to ditch my same old RTD and try something new. I made the jump from RTD to a choc protein powder with some great stats. I used a 1/2 cup almond milk and it was great. The GNC guy also had PB2 which I had wanted to try. He gave me a sample...so I just added it. OH MY!!!!!

THIS IS THE BEST THING I'VE HAD IN MONTHS!!!

I only had a half serving and it was plenty filling and tasted awesome!!

ANS Power Max choc prot powder ( 1/2 scoop)

1TBS PB2

1/4 cup almond milk

1/4 cup water

1/2 cup crushed ice

Blended it up and totals: Prot=13; Cal=70 ; Carbs=8 ( this might be a little off because I only had a sample of PB2 ... no label. However I will be going back to buy some!)

Just wanted to share!

Peace

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
jenn227
on 6/11/13 10:14 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

That's one of my fav's now!  I ran out of chocolate this week, and have been using vanilla, which is good, but love the chocolate with the PB2!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

ParisGirl
on 6/11/13 10:58 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Isn't is the BEST!!! I do 21 gr Syntrax Chocolate Truffle, 1 c unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk, 1 tbsp Just Great Stuff Chocolate PB powder ( think organic version of PB2) and 2 tbsp of Walden Farms Chocolate Syrup- served over ice. So freakin' good!!!

grayC
on 6/11/13 11:31 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Ok I've seen may posts related to this PB2...
My question is...WHAT IS PB2???

ParisGirl
on 6/11/13 11:39 am
VSG on 04/25/13
Powdered peanut butter. By Bell Plantation. And there's the one by Just Great Stuff. Yummy stuff!

grayC
on 6/11/13 11:46 am
VSG on 05/01/13
DAMN!!!
I thought it might be peanut butter...I'm allergic
The allergy happened when I turned 40!!!
How much does that suck!
MAN I MISS NUTS!!!! (And shellfish)
I miss a lot of food options with these allergies.....

Keith L.
on 6/12/13 9:05 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I am not suggesting you try this, but I am a bit curious as to if the processing they do to PB2 removes what people are actually allergic too. Maybe I'll run down one of the neighborhood kids to give it a try (J/K!!!!). PB2 is dry and powdery. They press out all the oil and do some processing. If I were allergic to peanuts I would give it a shot and let y'all know.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

tigerbelle
on 6/11/13 1:35 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

I am a big fan of PB2...it makes any shake taste better I think...my favorite is also chocolate powder with mil**** and PB2 added in...my favorite brand is the Unjury Chocolate Splendor...I think the PB2 has just over 20 calories and about 3 g of protein in a tablespoon (which is about what I add to each of my shakes)

jaysmom72
on 6/11/13 6:52 pm
Does the pb2 make it taste like peanut butter?
Bloodshotbetty
on 6/12/13 4:46 am - minneapolis, MN

I put PB 2 in my oatmeal in the morning...mmm!

-Alycia-

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 35 views