Question... Ate too much - first time since surgery

puzzled
on 6/19/13 3:38 am - Palatine, IL
VSG on 05/20/13

Okay, So I just ate my lunch with my co-workers. It is beautiful out so we decided to sit outside. I brought 1 slice of american cheese and 2 oz. of deli ham. I thought I was eating slow. I mean it is nothing new to me, I had a band for over 6 years but, I must have not been paying attention. I either ate too fast or over ate. I am thinking I might have over eaten. I ended up bringing some of it back up. Not much mostly foam (sorry for the TMI). I am 1 month post-op. Did I hurt anything? This is the first time I have gotten sick since surgery. I have this fear I stretched something or, caused a leak. I don't have any symptoms other then being stuffed but, I am just freaking out. Any experience with this?

Keith L.
on 6/19/13 3:43 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Nope, you are fine. You probably ate too fast and it caused the foamies. At this point you will vomit before you hurt anything. This has happened a handful of times to me as recently as 2 weeks ago. I ate too fast and went and vomitted it all back up.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

mimij
on 6/19/13 3:46 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Dont be worried. You haven't hurt yourself. You will be uncomfortable for a little while. Walk it off if you can. Dont drin****il stuffed feeling subsides completely. You shouldn't have stretched anything or caused a leak. Not likely. This is your body's way of warning you not to do this again. Doesn't sound like you had too much, but it does sound like you might have eaten too fast or not chewed well enough. If you have had deli ham and cheese prior to this and tolerated them that would be my guess. Feel better.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

sunny_disposition
on 6/19/13 3:56 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

Ugh that foam is the worst!  Let your body calm down a bit, and sip some water.  Try to take smaller, slower bites, and consider this a learning experience.  You'll be okay!

lose4good2012
on 6/19/13 4:45 am

Yep, you ate too fast.....got the "foamies"  Nothing dangerous...just uncomfortable!  You will feel better soon.

Surgery date 06-25-12
6 month update...lost 70 lbs so far!    

jenn227
on 6/19/13 5:49 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Ick, happened to me once about 5 weeks out...ate too fast then when to Aqua Zumba....had to get out of the pool & go into the bathroom to foamieville.  Yuck. You should be fine, just nature's way of reminding us to SLOW DOWN! 

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

frisco
on 6/19/13 6:38 am

To fast, to dry, to course, to much or any combination ........

2oz. is a lot for 4 weeks out...... at 6 weeks I was still at a half of a scrambled egg........

Maybe do the deli ham (1oz.) with an ounce of Greek yogurt flavored with a little Hidden Valley Ranch powder or a soup powder.

Eat slow and progressively slower..... over 20 minutes..... chew till mush

Hope this helps

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

missthingg
on 6/19/13 7:08 am - memphis, TN

Some days I can eat more than others. I threw up the other day. I ate 2 grilled chicken tenders. I'm 1 month out. Just remember to chew, chew, chew!!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views