Flu, NSV, and Question about Cruising

sarahpillars2728
on 6/21/13 6:41 am - MI

I got back from my trip to my dads last Wednesday and woke up Thursday morning with a flu that landed me in the hospital 6 days later dehydration ugh it was bad never have I felt so bad before after lots of fluids and rest I am finally well and I have been to the store a couple of times and let me tell u I haven't been in as much pain as I had before and I wasn't so out of breath I am very proud of myself for that, I need to keep walking to prepare for this cruise in three months, does anyone have any tips for cruising and being a big girl things that I should know?

themexcellentone
on 6/21/13 6:57 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I don't have any cruise tips for you, but I hope you are feeling better!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

cookiebun
on 6/21/13 7:06 am - MA
VSG on 04/02/13

I have been on several cruises, so send me a message and ask me any questions you have and i will answer them the best I can.  I love cruises!!!!

I'm not where I want to be, but I am closer than I was yesterday!

HW: 365 SW: 320

sarahpillars2728
on 6/21/13 7:52 am - MI

Cookiebun it will not let me message u privately it says u have to request me

Luvs2Cruise
on 6/21/13 10:15 am
VSG on 10/30/13

I love cruising!  Hence my user name.  kiss   Have been on 16 (would be more but gotta save $$$).  Several of them (except for my last one) I weighed over 330 pounds.  The highest weight I cruised was about 430.  Feel free to message me to ask any questions.

VSG on 10/30/13 Surgeon: Erik Throop    "There are plenty of difficult obstacles in your path. Don't allow yourself to become one of them." ~ Ralph Marston

HW: 447 YIKES!!!! SW: 293  CW: 140 GW:140?  100% on Plan -100% of the time!!!

Losses by Months: (5' 1") WL Pre-Op-154  M1-28​, M2-12, M3-18, M4-15, M5-14.5, M6-13.5, M7-10, M8-13, M9-14, M10-10, M11-1 (What the heck??)  M12-4as of today's date     

hollirrose
on 6/21/13 1:38 pm
VSG on 04/21/12
Ive been on several cruises before surgery and after. Couple of things... Dont forget your workout shoes. Carnival (prob everyone else too) has an out door walking track. Awesome way to see the sunset. Pack your protein powder. There are lots of sleeve friendly food... But early out it is good to have the shake to make sure you meet your prot goal. Also bring a large refillable water bottle and carry it with you at all times. And last but not least... Have fun!
sunny_disposition
on 6/25/13 1:52 am - Miami, FL
VSG on 01/28/13

I just got back from a cruise yesterday!  I'm a few days shy of 5 months.  I brought lots of bottled water with me, and premade protein shakes (with a doctors note, they let me carry on everything I wanted).  The walking track on Carnival cruise ships is great.  I also enjoyed just roaming around the ship early in the morning, I had it all to myself!   Take the stairs instead of the elevator, you'll be surprised at how often you'll use them!  It's doable to eat well, the good choices are there, and the kitchen staff is willing to work with you.  However, the bad choices are there too, so just be aware! 

Most Active