So It's so hard to do this you say?? Well the rewards are better than that cookie my friend!!!

sheranfour
on 6/23/13 9:53 am

Just have to share my experience from Friday with you all.

This thread is for those who are saying to themselves any of the following:1)Oh! I don't know if I can give up that yummy_____ ! It's so good! 2) I CAN'T drink all tha****er, or eat all that protein! 3)But I just want a bite of that ____________ once in a while! 4) Ugh! I can't stick with all the rules of VSG! 5) I CAN'T excercise because______! 6) I CAN'T do this!

VSG may not be easy...but to change your life, you have to be willing to do the work and make the changes ANYWAY.

I'm 9.5 months out, started 323# and now weigh 179#. My life has changed completely.

I am amazed that each day I am in awe that I am still discovering the new things in my life to celebrate BECAUSE of having VSG and WORKING THE VSG LIFE.

Friday was just amazing for me and if you can stand me giving my self my own little celebration read on, otherwise please skip this thread. I need to gloat because I've been working hard and DAMNIT I'VE EARNED IT

I had an appointment with my PCP, who I haven't seen since 2 months post-op. ( I see my surgeon regularly...just not my primary internist). First, The girl at the reception didn't now who I was. Then when I was called in...the nurse didn't recognize me. When I got on the scale( they have the old one you stand on and they slide the weight to 100,200 or 300, then the smaller weight up to degrees of 10 etc)...for the first time in 15 yrs...she set the scale first at 100 ...instead of 200 or 300!! Then in the room...she automatically pulled out the REGULAR size BP cuff...not the big red bariatric one!!!! Then I was dreading the johnny, because they never fit me and they are embarrassing. She had to get a smaller one!!! and it wrapped around me!! My Doc came in and she was just GUSHING at my transformation! My labs! My excercise! My blood pressure!  My jaw was on the floor the whole time. I was shocked at how many NSV's popped out at in that 45 min event.

Besides honking my own horn...why am I telling you all this??? BECAUSE YOU NEED TO UNDERSTAND THAT ALL THE CHANGES YOU MAKE...ALL THE TIMES YOU SAY NO AND MAKE A HEALTHY DECISION FOR YOURSELF IS WORTH IT!!! NO...not easy...but WORTH IT!!

You CAN get there! YOU WILL get there!! You have to look at the BIG PICTURE AND KEEP YOUR EYE ON IT...let all the cookies, pizza, ice cream and fries PASS YOU BY!! IT IS WORTH IT MY FRIENDS!!!! Every single day it is sooooooo worth it!!

I want you all to feel like I did that day. Cool part is...YOU CAN!!!!

Sorry to soapbox...thanks for sticking around!!!

Kick ass this week everyone!! Do ONE thing better than you have been...just ONE!! I'm upping my workout by 10 min and adding in 16 extra oz of water.

Peace all!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
themexcellentone
on 6/23/13 9:57 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

GO YOU!!!

I can't wait until I can have the same experiences.  I'm pre-op right now, just finished the 1st week of the pre-op diet and I feel pretty awesome.  Can't wait until surgery and I can join the rest of you guys on the loser's bench!

Keep up the awesome work!

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

sheranfour
on 6/23/13 10:03 am

I will be honest...Pre-op seems like yesterday to me. These months have gone by so fast, I think I may be one of the lucky ones.

If you feel awesome now, you can continue that feeling by staying positive and working your surgeons plan.

We're moving over for you and can't wait for you to join us on the bench!!!kiss

themexcellentone
on 6/23/13 10:05 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I hope my post-op time flies by too. :)

Be sure to leave a pretty good space, this girl's got a bunch of junk in the trunk...but not for long!  Thanks for the encouragement.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

(deactivated member)
on 6/23/13 10:00 am

What a great post!  You are a rock star!!  I loved reading all the NSV you got on Friday and your wonderful attitude is contagious. 

sheranfour
on 6/23/13 10:09 am

Thank you Elina!!!

Most days are really good...but Friday was just a whack up side my head...like someone was screaming..."YES!!! This is all you!!! You're doing this!!! Don't stop!!! Don't let anything get in the way!! Here's your celebration for what you've been doing! Keep it in the zone! Stay vigilant!!" It was so cool.

And by the way...my road has needed much light on it to show me the way...and you my friend...are the one holding that flashlight

theshrinkingmimi
on 6/23/13 10:39 am

What a truly awesome testimonial.  You are so right. It is all about the big picture. It is not easy but worth it.  It is so easy to get caught in the myopic view of negativity. This surgery and the process is about the big picture and the long-term.

You stated it perfectly, and I can feel your positive energy.  Congratulations on a fabulous 9.5 months!

Pre-liquid diet 392; VSG'd on 6/10/11; 5'9"; SW 368/ GW 195?

Pounds lost: mth1=26.7; mth 2=21.2; mth 3=24.8; mth 4=13.8; mth 5=14.2;  
            mth 6=11.8; mth 7=9.2; mth 8&9= 17.2    
luvstar0613
on 6/23/13 10:41 am - NY
VSG on 06/03/13

What a terrific day for you!!

*Alana*   HW: 277.3, SW:267.8 

Pre Op: -9.5, M1: - 21.8, M2: -12.8 M3: -11.4 M4: -12.7 M5:-13 M6: -8.4 M7 - 14.4 M8: -4.6

Sandy M.
on 6/23/13 10:44 am - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

I'm so excited for you, and can't wait until I see my primary care doc in October - won't he be surprised!

I walked 6 miles today instead of the usual 4 or so.  I hereby bequeath the additional 2 miles to you in honor of your great NSVs!

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

frisco
on 6/23/13 11:02 am

Great Post !!!!

You "Get it !"

and we all just want everyone else to get theirs......

frisco

SW 338lbs. GW 175lbs. Goal in 11 months. CW 148lbs. WL 190lbs.

" To eat is a necessity, but to eat intelligently is an art "

VSG Maintenance Group Forum

http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/VSGM/discussion/

CAFE FRISCO at LapSF.com

Dr. Paul Cirangle

Most Active