6 month checkup - disappointed!

Jackie T.
on 6/24/13 12:54 am - KS
VSG on 12/19/12

Okay, I like my surgeon but I do not like that they do not push you to lose all of your excess weight.  I went to my 6 month check up on Friday and at the end of the day (that morning I was closer), I was 4lbs from their final goal weight.  I was told that I had done a very good job.  I made the comment that I need to get the last 40 lbs off and her comment was "now let's be realistic, you are where you need to be".  I had to pick my jaw up off the floor.  I just got the impression that there is no encouragement or expectation of losing the rest of the weight.  This is where I should be content and stay!  I have lost 75% of my EWL at 6 months out.

I know it is up to me to get this weight off but I really wish that my medical team and local support group were here to push me along and encourage instead of discourage and/or make excuses or even just settle.  I have had to work to get the weight off but I don't feel like I have been deprived and I know I could do better.  I don't think that it is unrealistic to shoot for getting closer to getting the entire 125 lbs off and work at keeping it off.

I really love this board and all of the support that you have given me during this past 6 months, without all of you, I would be totally lost!

Thank you!

Highest Weight: 285 SW: 264.6 CW:163.1   Surgeon's GW: 189  PCP's GW: 165-170  

My GW:  154   MFP:  jteaford                  

Keith L.
on 6/24/13 12:59 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Who cares what they said? You obviously have this down. So set your own goals. This is your tool to use how you see fit. The doctor was just a guide on this trip, now that you know the area, explore on your own. It sounds like you did a great job, but sounds like now that you have been kicked out of the nest, its time to fly on your own. So the question is, How High do you want to Soar?

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

ParisGirl
on 6/24/13 1:05 am
VSG on 04/25/13

It's yours for the losing!  You've been working so diligently so you know you'll make YOUR goal.  But yes, it would be nice is the surgical team was on board with your enthusiasm.  :-)

ravenbrown
on 6/24/13 1:17 am - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

You can do it! It's YOUR journey. Congrats on your success so far!

Deckeriv
on 6/24/13 1:18 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13

I think surgeon's try to manage expectations and are used to many average people that aren't motivated. You will get it all off if you are committed. They will be impressed and more than likely ask you to be on the front cover of their newest brochures. Rock it.

800 calories and less than 20 net carbs is the shizzle

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/24/13 1:20 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Just keep doing it.. you will get the last 40 lbs off and who cares what their expectations are? Your own expectations of yourself are what matters.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Kathy-cny
on 6/24/13 1:46 am - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

You will show them at your next appt.....how about some pics posted...can't wait to see ! I just took my before pics yyesterday , now I gotta figure out the ticker and posting before pics.....keep up the good job, your numbers lost are nothing to sneeze at

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Shagdoll
on 6/24/13 2:44 am

I think you have done amazingly well, you go gurl!!!  Don't like that one opinion get to you.  Show them you can do what you set your mind to!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 6/24/13 3:50 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

listen here.  ignore that surgeon.  i have set up a weight loss goal for you - 158, and you WILL get there.  so there!  haha

katie L.
on 6/24/13 12:32 pm

You have been rocking your sleeve so keep rocking it until you reach your personal goal. You got this tool use it to get to you goal. I am on your side cheering you on to the goal line. You are almost there. We always say we are on the loser bench, but the bench is full of winners you are one of the winners in just 40 more pounds.You are doing great keep losing.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views