Chopped my hair off to stave off hair loss

sarapilar
on 6/25/13 1:37 am
VSG on 02/21/13

I will try to post a photo later, but yesterday I went to my hairdresser and said, "SHORT".  I have a bob now that is below my ears.  She cut about 6 inches off, it used to be down to my mid-back.  My hair now at about 4 months post op is really started to fall out, and fall out in CLUMPS.  So, this was the best thing for me since I have fine hair, anyway. I bleach it blonde (highlights and lowlights) which makes it thicker, so the summer bob isn't that bad.  But, I do feel like I have more of a "Mom haircut' and not the sexy long layers I had before.  Oh well!

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

Shagdoll
on 6/25/13 1:41 am

Sexy Layers ... that is exactly what my EX hairstylist told me she was giving me last summer when she literally chopped all my hair off ... I was like WTH!?!?!?  Just when I was reaching my goal weight & wanted a refreshing change, I got butchered.  I lost a lot of hair too and never really thought it looked that bad until I saw some pics of me from last year.  OMG, my hair was horrible.  My hair is finally growing out ... finally!!!  I just barely started feeling like a girl again!!!

BUT, I bet the bob is cute & I look forward to seeing your pic!!! 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

sarapilar
on 6/25/13 1:52 am
VSG on 02/21/13

My hairdresser did cut off about an inch or two more than I wanted, but oh well.  I can still pull it back in a pony tail.

"The most difficult part of changing how you live and eat is believing that change is possible. It takes a fierce kind of love for yourself."Geneen Roth

BREAZA
on 6/25/13 1:56 am
VSG on 04/24/13

For how long did your hair continue to fall out? I'm only 9 weeks out and have noticed some hair falling...I guess the inevitable is about to begin. :(  I've always had long hair so once it gets really bad I guess I'll go for a change and do a cute bob...I really like these two but have never had the balls to do it....it's only hair right?

Shagdoll
on 6/25/13 2:55 am, edited 6/25/13 2:55 am

OMG, is that Miley Cyrus?  I almost forgot how cute she could be!!!  She looks like a punk boy now... so skinny with that spiky hair, bleh!

She looks great in this pic!!!  Shoot... I love that hairstyle for me maybe!!!  I saw do it!!!  At least that style will look hot & sexy as it grows out.  Yes, it's only hair and these styles are really cute!!!  Still feminine & sexy!!!

And the chick from Real Housewives of the OC.  That is cute too.  I love them both!!!

I still lose a lot of hair but then again, I always have but I always had thick hair.  It looks decent now.  My BB helped make my hair more manageable, even though I stiil get lazy & wear it wavy most of the time.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Most Active