How many tubs of protein powder?

serenity1959
on 7/2/13 11:32 am
VSG on 08/05/13

Do you keep on hand?   These things are HUGE, but I want more than one flavor on hand for after surgery. 

JAlston
on 7/2/13 11:38 am
VSG on 12/07/12

I have 4 currently and one on the way. I drink 2 consistently, the others are to switch it up. I drink Unjury chocolate splendor with unsweetened almond coconut milk every morning and Unjury chicken soup at night.

I also have Syntrax Matrix Mint cookie and Cappucino...waiting for peanut butter cookie now!

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

pineview01
on 7/2/13 12:49 pm - Davison, MI

I was going to order the peanut butter cookie until I checked out calories and carbs.  Higher than the others and too high for me.  I loved and need more Cappuccino, that went fast!

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

VSG on 06/12/13
Look around on manufacturers' sites for sample pack collections. Easily stored, less expensive, and reasonably priced in case your tastes change after surgery.

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

JAlston
on 7/2/13 11:45 am
VSG on 12/07/12

Samples are a great idea as the poster stated. Try Nashuanutrition.com they offer single samples of a variety of flavors which is a great way to try them out without buying a ton. When you go to the site just search samples and it will come up.

Jessica  

(HW: 305)  (SW: 271.9) (33.1 lbs lost prior to surgery) (MsJexi on MFP)

serenity1959
on 7/2/13 11:58 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I have samples, but would like a tub of chocolate and vanilla.   However, I adore Mint Cookie and Cookies and Cream and am very much afraid will also love the new Peanut Butter Cookie flavor.   That makes five and will take up lots of cabinet space!!!

lil1inside
on 7/2/13 12:29 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

peanut butter cookie flavor, I must have this!!!!!

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

jiller
on 7/2/13 12:33 pm - PA

I like to have different shake flavors to mix it up. I have all Syntrax Nectars that I order from mybariatricpantry.com  or purchase at The Vitamin Shoppe. I have vanilla, chocolate mousse, strawberry and cappuccino. I also us PB2 and Chocolate PB2 to add variety. I also buy the variety pack of single packs to mix. The fuzzy navel and vanilla are really good with ice in a blender. Also using the SF syrups help make all kinds of flavors. Right now I am into the cappuccino with SF vanilla syrup and ice blended in a blender to make an iced cappuccino it is great on a hot nite out on the deck.

pineview01
on 7/2/13 12:46 pm, edited 7/2/13 12:47 pm - Davison, MI

I bought WAAAAAAY too much pre-surgery.  I took a photo, need to find that.  I had 6 tubs of Nectar, I've used up one and most of two others but have one whole one I hate and one other I just hardly have used.  Plus I had several boxes on Wonderslim and Bariwise of several flavors.  I gave lost to the DD that was sleeved almost three years ago and have tons left.  I don't think I will ever get thru it all before it outdates.

Oh and I have a jar of each of the pb2 that I really could do with out.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Keith L.
on 7/2/13 1:35 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

No more than two.  Tastes change and you might get tired of the flavors. It took me a while but I found one brand/flavor that I particularly like and I am now one my third tub of it. But it still only buy one at a time. 

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Most Active