3yrs out updates!!!!!!

demouchet32
on 7/4/13 5:30 am - Abbeville, LA

Ok, I dont no where to start,It's been a while since I've been on OH. I had my sleeve on may 24 2010. I was in a size 24/26. Today I where a 14. I have gotten as small as a size 10. I must start off by saying that if I had to do this all over  I would do it today. This is the best thing that I Could have done. BUT I HAVE SOME BAD HABITS....... I have been eating snacks instead of protein because it feels so good going down. New sleeves donot think this surgery is a quick fix... It's not.... Bt it will def help u to get where u need to be, u have to do the rest... I'm 3 yrs out and I still have good restriction, BUT like I said I just make bad choices..... Example.. Before surgery I could eat 3-4 pieces of chicken, fries, and a large drink and dessert... NOW 3yrs post op, I could eat 1 reg-small chicken breast on a good day and I'm content... But my bad choices would be to eat 6-7 fries and become full instead of eating protein first and filling up... This is just a little bit of the mistakes that could be made when your  not a newby.... Well I am getting back on track and I must say after surgery loosing weight is much easier than before surgery. If I stay away from starchs first and do protein I loose faster. I try to exercise a least 3 time a week.(yard work, wash both cars, cleaning house non stop, going to the gym..) I won't make this long but I he it is helpful to all the new sleepers and I will be happy to answer any questions.....

Mike B.
on 7/4/13 5:47 am
Welcome back to OH and good luck with getting back on track. I am a year and a half post op and I find myself making wrong choices with foods from time to time. I have managed to keep it in check with the help of my wife. She also had the sleeve done and with the both of us, we seem to be doing well. Stay with OH and hope to hear how your progress continues.

HW:280       SW:270       OLD GW:190       NEW GW: 180       CW: 174

cajunlady1958
on 7/4/13 9:51 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Nice to hear from a fellow louisianian. I am 14 months out from surgery and have not reached goal yet. Nice to know there is still hope.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views