1st follow up appt and question about frozen Greek yogurt

Kathy-cny
on 7/4/13 12:25 pm - NY
VSG on 06/25/13

Thankfully tmr is my 1st follow up appt w the doctors office...cannot wait to go home and try some scrambled eggs and ricotta bake this weekend! Now a question about frozen yogurt....I was out all afternoon in the sun watching festivities and ended up going w family to get ice cream, I had a small frozen yogurt....after about 1/2 way through it I started feeling lightheaded. We left right away and came home to get in the central air....I was just wondering if it was the heat.....it was god awful hot outside and never tolerated the heat well. Or perhaps I felt my first restriction? Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Kathy     HW-393/Surgery weight-368/ weight post op 374 /current weight 292.5

Latse
on 7/4/13 12:40 pm
VSG on 06/18/12

Even though it was frozen yogurt (we think we are making the healthy choice here)  It could still be loaded with sugar.  I had a similar reaction after surgery when I split a cone from McDonalds with my daughter.  Nutritionist said it sounds like dumping (insulin reaction)

Starting/Highest Weight 340, Surgery Weight 306,
Post op:
M1-20lb, M2-14, M3-15, M4-11, M5-10, M6-10, M7-8, M8-4, M9-4, M10-5

pam229
on 7/4/13 12:42 pm - TX

you know i am 5weeks after and if i get in the heat for anytime at all i get sick to my stomach and feel very week.

akr9911
on 7/4/13 12:52 pm
VSG on 06/20/13

We were shopping today and I got some frozen yogurt at Macys... it said right straight out that there were 90 calories for 4 ounces; my serving had 5 ounces in it. First bite - interesting. Second bite - yummy. Third bit - hmmm. Fourth bite - I feel wrong. Fifth bite -came right back up. I handed the other 4 ounces to my DH, who devoured it along with his ham and cheese panini.

I didn't feel light headed or anything... just INSANELY FULL in just a few bites. And they were small bites. And they didn't stay in me. Dumping? I don't think so. But I'm not in any hurry to try that low cal low fat yogurt again any time soon, so perhaps the lesson is learned regardless of what exactly happened.

Hope you're feeling better!

HW 259 SW 251 CW 217 M1-20.5 M2 -7.5 M3 -4 M4 -2

charmedaz
on 7/4/13 1:53 pm

im 1 1/2 weeks out...i havent tried anything not on my diet, im too scared :/ 

Dr. Joya:    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/officialdrjoya

Twitter: https://twitter.com/drjoyadotcom

MacMadame
on 7/4/13 2:43 pm - Northern, CA

Restriction is a tight feeling in your chest. If you keeping eating, it can feel like a 10 pound cat is sitting on you and some of us feel a radiating pain up the left shoulder. Keeping going after that and you can get the foamies where you are puking up saliva.

What you experienced doesn't sound that like. More like a reaction to the heat or possible dehydration or a reaction to the sugar.

HW - 225 SW - 191 GW - 132 CW - 122
Visit my blog at Fatty Fights Back      Become a Fan on Facebook!
Starting BMI 40-ish or less? Join the LightWeights

Most Active