Scales,kettlebells,dresses...OH MY!

sheranfour
on 7/6/13 10:44 am

This day...what an emotional rollercoaster I put myself on. All because of the brainwashing and scale addiction !

OK...so I finished my week of "Return to planet Protein shakes"...liquid diet for a week.

DON'T DO IT!!! It S*CKED! And besides the first 2 days when the scale dipped...then went back to where it was on day one...I got nothing out of it but cravings and massive gas.

Got on scale this morning...not what I was expecting. I have been working out every day...sticking to my plan of what I planned...and I was so MAD!!! I yelled and swore at the scale!! Really? Then I looked at the day ahead...and my mood sank...FAST! The negativity took hold and rocked my world. "You are NEVER gonna get thru this day on plan!" " you will NOT make it under 700 calories!"  "You are never gonna have the drive to workout today!" You are gonna be upset all day and be eating by nighttime!". Oh...I let it all come. I listened...and sunk.

Then, something happened. I don't know why, but I got up and got ready for my day. My friends at work brought me some dresses to try on (to find one to wear for my speaking event at my Surgeons celebration next Friday). I tried the one on they liked and stared at myself in the mirror. ...I was SHOCKED! I looked amazing!! I am soooo not a vain person...and I was a bit ashamed at myself for admiring how this dress looked on me. ( I did take a pic...but having some computer problems...so I hope to have it on my profile page in the next few days).

This was the reminder I needed. Not about the numbers...not about the numbers. I know I preach that it's not about the scale. But I fell victim to it this morning.

So where did I go today? I went and bought myself a Kettlebell.

What did I do today? I had the best workout ever...with my new Kettlebell!

What did I eat today? On plan 100% baby!!

How do I feel now? Freaking awesome!

Tomorrow is a different day...who knows what will happen. But I made it thru today.

Stay strong...carry on. Whew!!!

Peace All!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
stephanieplum
on 7/6/13 10:49 am
VSG on 06/27/12

Your post made me smile!!!  Sounds like an awesome day!

(deactivated member)
on 7/6/13 10:49 am

Deb, give yourself a break, you are awesome. 

I can't wait to see the picture and there is nothing at all wrong with being a little vain.  enlightened

jenn227
on 7/7/13 2:01 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Ah, Deb, you are such a rock star....and you don't even know it! 

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Most Active