So I have a date...sort of...

theladyelsie
on 7/8/13 3:40 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Hi everyone

I finally met with Dr. Ringley today and after reviewing my records he does have concerns about reflux.  I just had an egd this year but he wants to do one again to investigate for himself because in 2010 the doctor who did my egd had noted there was some erosion (but she had not noted it on the most recent egd.)  I don't think it is that bad because she took me off the omeprazole and only told me to take it as needed (which isn't often) and she really didn't stress any of it in the post-egd visit I had with her.  

If the reflux is bad he will not do the sleeve...he said I would be miserable especially with the extra pressure from having a smaller stomach.  He said then we could do a complete gastric bypass.  I really am frightened by this prospect and actually started crying when he mentioned it.  I guess I just wanted to go in, have him say let's do it, and go from there.  So it was a little frustrating and I think all my frustrations just left me at that moment when the tear****  He was really kewl about it and felt bad he made me cry, although it wasn't his fault at all, just me extra emotional.

Anyway, if the EGD and the biopsies come back ok then I will be having my surgery August 6.  I have the EGD scheduled for July 19.  Just wanted to share with some people who understand. :)

MayPenGirl
on 7/8/13 5:11 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

I know this is SO frustrating for you.  I will keep you in my prayers that everything works out & you can have your surgery on August 6.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 6:49 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Lets hope the tests show little damage and you can continue on with your sleeve! 

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

theladyelsie
on 8/1/13 6:32 am
VSG on 08/06/13

The tests came back great and I am able to get the procedure!!!!!  I will be having surgery on Tuesday.  Everyday I get a little more distracted and giddy...as well as super nervous.  

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 58 views