Updates on Mexico via Instagram

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 4:48 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Hey everyone! If you want to see my updates to Mexico and back (in photo and video form), I figured the best way for you to notice is through instagram! Its open to the public so even if you dont have an instagram account you can visit here 

http://instagram.com/mexicowls

If you have it, search MexicoWLS for me

I didn't want to use my regular instagram because VERY few friends know I am even having surgery so I created one specifically for this experience.

I know it can be scary going to Mexico for surgery, it is for me (I can't tell if its butterflies in my stomach or I am just starving from this clear liquid diet)! However, I want to make the most of my time there and educate people as much as possible! I hope you follow me and this journey I will be on!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

MayPenGirl
on 7/8/13 5:06 am - Atlanta, GA
VSG on 04/03/13

This is an awesome thing that you're doing!!  It will help a lot of people who want to go to Mexico for the surgery but are scared.

Surgery date - 04/03/13; Goal date - 11/10/13 (I reached goal in 31 weeks & 4 days)

Highest weight 261  SW 258  GW 150   M1 -26  M2 -14  M3 -10  M4 -12  M5 -13  M6 -12  M7 -11  M8 -10  In maintenance since November 2013  HT- 5'6"  

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 5:13 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you! I was really hoping to make it more real for people. You can only hear the stories so many times and on OH, its hard to get many pictures let alone any video. Although instagram only allows short video, its better than nothing! I know it is something I would have loved to see so I am doing it myself. I leave EARLY tomorrow morning (so only about 15 hours until departure!) and I will start my photo/video journey then!

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

Keith L.
on 7/8/13 5:17 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

I had a great experience going to Mexico for my surgery, nothing to be scared about. I think the care I got down there was better than what i have seen people get here. In the next couple of days your clear liquid diet will seem like a distant memory. Then the real work begins. 

Good Luck, see ya on the other side!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 6:09 am - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thanks! I can't wait! I am nervous, scared of the unknown... but despite people being so positive towards their experience in Mexico, there are still that many people putting fear out there about the whole thing. Thats one reason I wanted to document my experience as much as I can (and any excuse to use instagram! haha) It is one thing when someone tells someone they had a great experience, it is another when you can show them. So, as much as I can, I want to show people what I experience... let them experience it with me in a way through the pictures and video. I look forward to it all! I can't wait to be on the other side!

Instagram

vintage_at_heart
on 7/8/13 10:02 am

I did the same thing! My surgery is tomorrow morning and im super nervous, there is a really great support group on instagram too! I've managed to connect with quite a few really great people who have gone through this experience and some who are like me and just starting this journey. I'll follow you, my name is sleeve_me. Good luck with your surgery and I'll see you on the losers bench!

Jennifer L.
on 7/8/13 1:46 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Good luck tomorrow!!! I will be praying for you

I saw you followed me! Thanks! 

Instagram

Most Active