Who am I?

sarahpillars2728
on 7/11/13 12:09 pm - MI

I have been asking myself this question alot lately. I am starting this journey and it is so hard to focus on fixing me when I have spent my life helping others and putting them ahead of me. I was told today that I need to think of myself as a warrior and that I need to fight to the finish that this is not gonna be hard and yes right now it is so very confusing and overwhelming. I need to take one day at a time, instead of thinking so far ahead, its hard when u look in the mirror and all u wanna see is instant results, I suffer from very bad self esteem and self worth so even looking in the mirror or complimenting myself is so hard. I thought I did good getting some groceries today even opting for the lighter of some of the brands I normally get and then I read the labels and it has  more sugar and sodium, things like this are frustrating but its all part of this learning experience I just need to embrace it instead of trying to figure out an easy way or looking for an easy button!!! I however am making slow strides, I have started wearing my sleep apnea mask again, which is a plus I felt alot more rested today, still cannot get myself to keep it on all night I don't know if that will ever happen....anyway I hope to know who I am by the end of this journey and to understand why I was sent on this path and where I am supposed to b...thanks for listening to my rant I really appreciate it!!!

tigerbelle
on 7/11/13 12:13 pm - LA
VSG on 05/06/13

you will get there...I have been on that self-discovery journey for a while now..it's not easy letting yourself feel your true feelings and letting your guard down...but the reward is great and you deserve it...post often here when you need support...that is what I like about this site

sarahpillars2728
on 7/11/13 12:22 pm - MI

Thank You So much I love that everyone makes u feel so welcome!!

great.lakes.girl.
on 7/11/13 12:42 pm

I think it is part of the process we all are learning to put ourselves first and that is such a new thing for so many of us.  However this is our time, our time to get healthy to openly learn how important we  are in the scheme  of life, our time to learn to love ourselves, our time to get back some of that happiness that we so openly give.  Best of luck

themexcellentone
on 7/11/13 1:00 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

You deserve to be healthy.

You deserve to have this surgery to GET healthy.

You deserve to have a long, healthy life.

You are good enough!  You can do this.  You will do this, and you will be great at it. 

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active