A little fashion show!

Renfairewench
on 7/13/13 3:59 am

I've been on a shopping spree. Online spree anyway. Since discovering ThredUp  I have been buying some (lots of) clothes. I got all of these for $56! (2 dresses, 1 skirt, 2 blazers, 1 pullover shirt, 5 sweaters) and I have another order coming on Tuesday, but that one I didn't get as much because I purchased some more expensive dresses. The only thing that cannot be included are three pair of shoes that I got at Kohls on clearance for $28 and the pink dress which I had gotten the last time on Thredup. I'm torn about the black dress as I really don't think I have the legs for it. I feel it's too short for me and the tan blazer is a bit snug. My hope is that losing a bit of weight will help.
I probably should have done my hair too! LOL.  
   I had a revision from GB to DS in 2006, but I had a LOT of post op complications. That being said, despite the nearly two year recovery process I would so do it again. Just not tomorrow. smiley

If you are a new customer and use the link provided you can get $10 off your first and second order. BUT! I found another code for first time buyers and if you strip out the promo code and use MAMAJ35 it will give a new customer 35% off. I did not verify the code, but I do believe it is still valid. Just strip out the promo code at checkout and replace it with MAMAJ35

They have a mobile app too and if you use that you can get 20% off your order to if you place the order from your smart phone regardless if you are a new customer or not. For those that want to use their phone to order here is the info. 
Use promo code MOBILETU at checkout to get 20% off.

iPhone/iPad app: http://thred.me/151PlWs 

Android app: http://thred.me/11AzPnA

I love getting expensive fashions for cheap and I love being able to wear them. I used to weight 430 pounds so being 178 is a huge. My lowest was 155 and I want to get back to 160 so right now I'm just low carbing to lose these extra pounds. 
     This is an Anne Taylor dress in a size 12. I need a statement necklace for this I think. I love it!       

Here is the black dress. For me I think it's pretty short for me. I'd wear it with black or off black pantyhose and my daugher suggested a pair of red or turquoise pumps for a pop of color. I don't generally wear anything above my knee because of my flab and leg dimples, but I felt really sexy in this thing. I got the dress in a size 14 and honestly I'm so glad I did because wow, was it snug!!  Too short? I really appreciate any thoughts good or bad. I'm open to hearing it and thank you for your honest opinions

This is an Anne Taylor skirt. I really love the vintage feel of the outfit. It's so me!  I'll be sporting this one for the fall.      

It's funny how the same size can run so different from one piece of apparel to another. In some ways it's really frustrating.  I would not wear this with the skirt, but I threw it on anyway. It's a size 12 and a touch snug. I'm hoping that a 10 pound weight loss will make the jacket fit a bit better.

Black Jacket. Now, again, this one is a size 12 and it's actually a bit big. I'm going to take it to the tailor and have it fitted to take up the extra space. I got this to go with a pair of grey tweed pants I have. Again, a fall piece.  

If I had seen this in the store I probably would not have gotten it, but I do like it a lot and actually like how it goes with the skirt.  I like to look classic. Hubby wasn't thrilled with this, but I like it because I threw it on with a pair of jeans and loved how it looked. 

Eddie Bauer sweater in butter yellow. I LIKE it!  The shirt beneath it is from Talbots.  I'm not really a name brand buyer. I'm just as happy in something from Walmart as I am in something from Valentino, but sometimes it's nice to have a nice wardrobe and since all my life I was so fat and overweight I had to buy clothes that fit. Of course that meant shopping in two or three stores. I love the freedom of shopping just about anywhere. It's so much fun shopping now!    

This is one of my favorites even though I wasn't sure about it when I order it. I love the neckline on this sweater and while I wasn't sure about the color I ended up being really happy.  Most of the time I hate most everything about my body now (think melting candle), but I do love my shoulders and collarbones now. I just love how sexy I feel in this sweater. 

I got this shrug to go with a pink party dress I purchased, but I ended up not liking it with the dress. It's from Dress Barn and is beaded. Sorry for the poor photo quality. 

Here are a couple of before photo's of me for comparison. I wasn't even at my highest weight in these photos, but almost. 

I started my GB weighing 430, lost to 210. Seven years later I weighed 302. My lowest has been 155, but I look much too sick at that weight. I feel better between 160 and 165, a weight I am now trying to get back down to. 

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

claimmaster
on 7/13/13 4:16 am - OK
VSG on 07/05/13

I am SO looking forward to being able to shop...anywhere!  Since I got to a 5X, I've been able to shop Catherine's and the men's big and tall catalogue.  Yup, I wear mostly mens clothes...because they fit.  I tried on my 4X's this morning, and they fit again already.  I have a whole new wardrobe already.  This is already starting to get fun!

You look great in everything!

Jane

Starting weight: 320       Goal weight: 145      Surgery Weight: 298      Current weight: 215         Check out my blog at www.thebariatricvegan.com

Weight loss month 1-22  2-13  3-12  4-16  5-4  6-0  7-7  8-6

Renfairewench
on 7/13/13 8:34 am
I wore men's clothing too. Thredup does have plus sizes. As you cone down the scale ladder you may want to purchase some inexpensive. They have a lot of clothes for 2.99!

HW (pre RNY) 430 HW (pre DS) 302 / SW 288 /
                          Lowest weight 157 / CW 161
GW 150
                "I'm just one stomach flu away from my goal weight"

sunshine66
on 7/13/13 4:19 am

Beautiful.  Congratulations to you!

princesswimmer24
on 7/13/13 6:00 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I love all the pics!! Great outfits and you look great in them! Personally I think the shorter black dress really looks nice, makes your legs look longer! I think it would look cute with black tights too though!

serenity1959
on 7/13/13 6:15 am
VSG on 08/05/13

You look gorgeous!   I like the blue dress and the black dress best on you, but you look good in all of them.

jenn227
on 7/13/13 8:55 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

Love these clothes!  You look so beautiful!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

Ihearttennis
on 7/13/13 10:06 am - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

You look fantastic. I love the little back dress.  I am going to have to try out this website, I've never heard of it before. Btw, I can't wait to see my collar bones too:)

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

(deactivated member)
on 7/13/13 11:32 am

You look seriously hot in that little black number!   angry

kathyslife3
on 7/14/13 4:58 am - CA

you look so cute in all your new threadsangryangry....good for you....

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 60 views