Obesity is now considered a disease

sarahpillars2728
on 7/12/13 4:15 am - MI

According to the American Medical Association Obesity is now considered a disease....Is this going to be a good thing for those of us trying to get surgery approved or disability approved? What are your thoughts and opinions? Will we finally be heard??

grayC
on 7/12/13 7:00 am
VSG on 05/01/13
Much like alcoholics and drug addicts, I feel obesity is more of an addiction issue...,However with obesity comes disease,
I feel it could only help those who need it and insurance companies are now seeing the benefits of surgery as opposed to years and years of paying for medication for an obese person with co-morbities
Make no mistake the don't give a hoot about any of us.., its all about the bottom line... What's most cost effective..which just happens to work in our favor (for once)

gloria P.
on 7/12/13 10:14 am - Fayetteville , AR
VSG on 01/06/12
Definitely agree. Once they finally figure our that it is more cost effective to have thinner and healthier people under their insurance bubble, they will start encouraging the surgery. I have a feeling bariatric surgery is the way of the future. I bet OH will be riding the wave.

Most Active