Almost a year post op and some problems

LeighAnne89
on 7/14/13 6:56 am - KY

I am almost a year post op and have been stuck bouncing the same 3 to 5 pounds for 3 months now. My carbs stay under 40 calories are between 600 and 800 and I shoot for a minimum of 80 grams of protein a day but the lowest it gets is 75 I have some physical limitations but I walk and do as much as I possibly can even on the days that I have to push myself to do it. Is it normal to stall for this long? Does anyone have any advice on getting the weight loss moving again? 

Calking
on 7/14/13 7:29 am
VSG on 05/31/12

I have seen many times people will post that sometimes to break a stall you need to up your fluid intake and protein intake.  You need to do something that is different from the norm.  Like you I always go for a minimum of 80 grams of protein but the more the better when trying to break a stall.  

So push your protein up and since this will work your kidneys a bit more perhaps shoot for a 10 cup minimum fluid intake.  The more protein you take in the more fluid you should have to ease the workload of your kidneys.

Make sure that you are recording every bite and drink so that you are really sure that you are within the numbers you posted here. In other words I hope that you aren't just guessing that these are your numbers but actually recording them somewhere and recording each and every bite without cheating.  With the additional protein I would expect you would get closer to the 800 calories but I really think that would help.  

On a side note I have been eating from Trader Joe's their frozen petite peas.  2/3 of a cup of these (85 grams) has 5 grams of protein plus peas are a healthy addition.  I don't measure out by volume but weigh my servings to hit the 85 grams.  They are only 70 calories with 8 grams net carbs (12 grams carbs and 4 grams fiber) per serving.  Bonus you get some added fiber.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

LeighAnne89
on 7/14/13 7:44 am - KY

Thank you and I do record everything on mfp  I will try upping my protein and water intake and see if that helps. 

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 45 views