Your Meal Plan

Anne64
on 7/24/13 10:33 am
VSG on 06/19/13
princesswimmer24
on 7/24/13 10:40 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I forgot to mention that he had 1/2 banana in his protein shake as well which was 10 carbs. He uses GNC Amp protein powder and 1 scoop has 8 carbs mixed with reg almond milk 8 carbs. Then 1 from eggs, 1 from sprinkle cheese and 1 from gravy. I'm trying to help him and figure out the best way to plan my meals after my surgery. I'm assuming that you can't have fruits/veggies in order to keep carbs so low.  I appreciate ya'lls help!

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/13 7:16 am

Hubby's meals sound more like what the bodybuilders eat over on the BB forums. So if you ditch the banana and get a lower carb protein powder and skip gravy (I assume its made with flour?)... that will drastically lower the carb count for the day. Maybe even water down the almond milk or at least make sure it is unsweetened. All those little added things really add up!

princesswimmer24
on 7/26/13 9:27 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Thanks for reply. He decided no more bananas till he's done losing weight lol But, I am having trouble getting him to switch to unsweetened almond milk and different powder. I am hoping that once my surgery is done and he sees me doing the unsweetened almond milk and different powder he will try it my way. He's a little hard headed at times lol

(deactivated member)
on 7/26/13 12:49 pm

You can add stevia or Splenda to unsweetened almond milk to get the same flavor without the sugar/carbs/calories. And if you order a few sample packs of various protein powders you might be able to find a much better powder and maybe even one that doesn't need almond milk.

Syntrax Nectars mix with water and many taste like koolaid or iced tea or juice. No milk of any type needed! 

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 7/24/13 7:48 am
VSG on 11/25/13 with

It looks like most people have three meals a day and 2 snacks?  Does that sound about right?

Bufflehead
on 7/24/13 8:48 am - TN
VSG on 06/19/13

I'm on puree stage (for me that's weeks 4 - 8 after surgery).

Calories: no set calorie goals from dr on this phase. I set 650 max as my personal goal.

Protein: minimum 75 g

Carbs: dr says aim for between 30 - 60, based on advice from this forum I modified that to between 30-40.

Meals per day: 3 meals per day of no more than 3 tablespoons each. No snacks except fluids.

Fluids: minimum of 64 oz. per day.

Vitamins and minerals: huge list of vitamin and mineral dosages as recommended by the ASMBS. I meet mine by double-dosing on Wellesse multi-vitamins, calcium, and iron and adding in a B12 supplement and a zinc supplement. There are some other minerals that are recommended but right now every mineral supplement I try to take makes me ill.

Most Active