Question for the vets

boomercd
on 7/24/13 12:00 pm - OH
I am almost 2 years out, but just this week my restriction is super tight or I think that is what it is, I can bearly get in 1/4 cup and Im only eating protein, liquids have stayed the same, but even after eating my 1/4 cup I belch forever, Prilosec does seem to help, I just was wondering if this happens and how long it will last, I have lost another 4 lbs in the passed 5 days, and Im starting to worry, Should I be?

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

loverofcats
on 7/24/13 12:19 pm

Sounds like it might be GERD. Belching can be a symptom of reflux, as well as a hiatal hernia. I am almost three years out and I have similar symptoms. Speak with your surgeon or pcp re: diagnostic tests and a potential need for a different PPI or acid reducer. 

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

boomercd
on 7/24/13 12:30 pm - OH
Thank You. loveofcats, that is kind of what i thought, I have my last appointment with my surgeon next month, although Im glad that I have the restriction, Im worried that Im not eating enough, and I hate shakes, I guess if it keeps up Ill call before my appointment.
Keith L.
on 7/24/13 12:34 pm - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

2 years out seems like an aweful long time to develop a stricture, but if it doesn't change in the next couple days you should probably get in to see your doc.

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

boomercd
on 7/24/13 12:36 pm - OH
I will ,and thanks Keith

I'm Still a work in progress, I wont give up the quest to reclaim my life, I will be whole again someday!
                          HW297 SW269 CW149.2

hollykim
on 7/25/13 1:58 am - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
When I am sick I always have more restriction. Sometimes I feel fine but if I get a lot of restriction going on, I know my body is fighting something. Most recently, I had increased restriction for two weeks... Just could barely eat. One day , I started peeing fire and a trip to the Pcp confirmed a uti. That as what my body was fighting those two weeks I had so much restriction.gl

boomercd
on 7/25/13 8:03 am - OH
Thanks Ill remember that, right now I feel fine, its truly right that we all have different personal relationships with our sleeve.

HW297 SW269 CW149.2

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 55 views