UGI today

grannymedic1
on 7/31/13 10:48 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I have been having trouble eating anything dense, again, so my surgeon ordered an UGI for today and an endo for Fri. Yeah, I have another stricture that needs dilating, my fifth. The shocker came during the test when the barium had quite a bit of trouble going down and also showed that I have a hernia. The upper portion of my remnant stomach has bulged out at the top causing a nice round bulge. I will, of course, ask about this but I am curious as to what any of you may know about this. What causes this? What is done to correct it?

I would appreciate any feedback you may have.

Sue

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

acbbrown
on 7/31/13 10:50 am - Granada Hills, CA

What kind of surgery did you have? Im not sure why youd havea remnant stomach with a VSG but i see you were a revision. Hope everything can get straightend out!

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

grannymedic1
on 7/31/13 11:08 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

I mispoke myself, having been distracted. I have sleeve.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

mkvand
on 7/31/13 8:40 pm
VSG on 01/06/14 with

Bulging at the top sounds like a hiatal hernia, which is when part of your stomach pokes up through the hole in your diaphragm that your esophagus passes through.  They seem to be pretty common, especially among people with a history of weight problems. 

If the hernia isn't causing symptoms you don't have to do anything about it, but if it's contributing to your constriction then you'll probably need surgery to fix it.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views