New product available at GNC.COM Nature's Best JAVAPRO.

Calking
on 7/31/13 7:44 am
VSG on 05/31/12

Nature's Best Javapro.

Flavors: Latte, Mocha, Hazelnut, Caramel, French Vanilla, and Espresso.

I am not sure that I would like these as they aren't 100% Whey Protein Isolate which I have been very big about sticking with. Also I don't like that it is a little light on protein at only 20 grams per serving.  

As I have stated many times you have three types of whey protein

1) Whey Protein Concentrate.  This is the worst of the three and you only get approximately 70% to 85%  of the protein.

2) Whey Protein Isolate.  This is a more quickly absorbed and better protein as you get about 90% to 94% of that protein.

3) Whey Protein Hydrolysate.  This is even more quickly absorbed and the best protein at higher than 95% of that protein.

The above uses a mix of all three of these proteins.  I think that if you average all of them together you may come up with something close to plain whey protein isolate or at least very close to it.  It is better than just whey protein concentrate would be because of the addition of the two better whey proteins.  It could be as I mentioned just as could as straight up whey protein isolate.  

Since I have a tendency to be a perfectionist I have always gone with the whey protein isolate and it has worked extremely well for me.  But I am thinking that for a change up that this new product could be as good as what I have been doing.

It seems to be reasonably priced and I think for all of you coffee lovers it could be a really nice treat. 

Here is the link to the gnc.com website ... 

http://www.gnc.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=23515006&csm= 462842071&csc=2666539&csa=412140541&csu=2670455

Just to give you an idea of nutritional numbers the Latte flavor has the following ...

110 calories

2 grams of carbs

1.5 grams of fat

20 grams of protein  

Other Ingredients:  Whey (milk) protein blend (whey (milk) protein concentrate, whey (milk) protein isolate, whey (milk) protein hydrolysate), Instant Colombian Coffee, Natural Flavors, Vitamin/Mineral/Amino Acid Blend (acid, molybdenum amino acid chelate, vitamin E acetate, niacinamide, copper amino acid chelate, calcium D-pantothenate, manganese sulfate monohydrate, chromium amino acid chelate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, riboflavin, thiamin hydrochloride), Sucralose, Soy Lecithin 

Hope that this sounds good to some of you coffee lovers out there ... lol

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

(deactivated member)
on 7/31/13 8:59 am

Okay, I have to admit I'm interested, BUT I went to the website and I think it's very important to mention that this Javapro protein blend also contains........

80 mg of caffeine per scoop.

The average cup of coffee contains 95 mg of caffeine. I think this is an important bit of information people should know before rushing out to purchase. My plan did not allow caffeine. And while I can have caffeine now, I don't because life is so much easier without being a slave to caffeine (and believe me, I was!).

Calking
on 7/31/13 10:05 am
VSG on 05/31/12

You are right ... it didn't occur to me to mention that as it is a coffee beverage.  The spot where I posted the ingredients includes instant columbian coffee.  

Also it didn't occur to me to mention this as my post op plan said one cup of coffee per day from day 1 post op was alright.  So since I didn't have any restrictions on drinking coffee with the exception that I should be over doing it as in three times a day or more.  

Many people in this forum drink the Click Espresso protein powder or the Chike Coffee protein powder.  I just posted this as an alternative to those products which also contain caffeine (actually they list it as a double shot of espresso).

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 44 views