Hemerrhoid Surgery - anyone been there, done that??

jayla_love
on 8/1/13 5:54 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12

I am a little over a year out from VSG and have had a bad hemerrhoid for several months now.. TMI, I know.. Has anyone else had any experience with hemerrhoids or had surgery to remove them?  I have a surgeon consult in 2 weeks (with same surgeon that did my VSG luckily) I am curious about the after care and pain level etc... I have heard different stories all around.  Any info is appreciated

RPick67
on 8/1/13 6:05 am
VSG on 06/11/13

I had a girlfriend who had it done and regretted it.  She has trouble with anal leakage and she can never trust a fart.......she's been publically embarrassed quite a few times.  She wishes she would have just dealt with the Roids.

Cons. Wt. 394       Surg. Wt. 386        Curr. Wt.  311

jayla_love
on 8/1/13 6:14 am - CA
VSG on 07/16/12

yeah I have been hearing that a lot, thanks for the info

Misslee
on 8/1/13 6:22 am

Anal leakage was a problem that I had as well. So I brought me some depends so I didn't soil my underwear. And when you release gas, it does stink. Even  today I'm still having that problem. It will come without  you even knowing.

Misslee
on 8/1/13 6:17 am

Good Afternoon, I had hemorroid  removed on  May 22,2013.  Thy would not let me go home until I urinated. Which i did around 9:30-10:00. The next day I had to go to the ER because I wasn't able to urinate on my own. A catherer was put in to empty my bladder. Now after that I had heavy bleeding which is not normal. Back to the ER I went.  My very first bowel movement was very Painful. And the bowel movements after that. I was only given stool softners  once a day. I dreaded  going to the bathroom. I was hollaring from the pain. I would say to you make sure you have plenty of stool softners to help with the pain. I'm still taking stool softners to help control he pain. Drink plenty of water also  foods that are high and fiber. Every one is different,but my experienced was a painful experience.  Wishing you all the best!

Alese M.
on 8/1/13 3:19 pm - FL

I have constipation for years and over those yrs found a good treatment, Konsyl and Mirelax.  HOWEVER, since vsg I don't drink the amount of water I should drink to down this powder.  I am beginning to wonder "is the gastric surgery the cause of the severe constipation and following up with roids"?  I had my surgery 7/30 and am having difficulties with my bowels.....I did drink water tonite with my Mirelax but not sure if I will get relief as it took me soooo long to drink it down....TMI, I know....

I read above the results of roid surg and I would think not.....

I do have a friend, of whom I shall call tomorrow, who had her colon cleaned out but I don't think she had surg. (she has severe roids).  I will ask.  I know she doesn't take care of herself nor drink alot of water....She is a nurse in a drs. office..... My tush feels like I just had surg cuz I am in pain and have a hard time sitting....

Good post...

alese inFL

pineview01
on 8/1/13 3:30 pm - Davison, MI

I used a not sure what to call him.  He was the same doc that scoped my top and bottom when I had issues with the lap band.  I went to see him in his office/surgery room three time and he used a tool to zap me for like 2 seconds each time.  After that no hemorrhoids or problems.  My PCP had told me years before to leave it as the surgery was worse than the rhoid.  This new process was great. 

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 36 views