This is it...what I've been waiting for...it's gonna rock!!!

sheranfour
on 8/1/13 7:45 pm

Hi gang!

I'm so excited!!! We are leaving for our New Hampshire hiking vacation on Tuesday!

There's a real story here...

About 10 years ago we ( me, hubby and our 2 boys) started going to N.H.and skipping all the "theme park" stuff...we'd do the hiking and the caves. We went EVERY YEAR...without fail. Now 10 yrs ago I weighed considerably more than I do today...but was fairly fit. HOWEVER...as the years went on I got much bigger and less fit. I began lagging behind...sweating like a waterfall...out of breath and in pain. My family began to whine "C'mon mom..." as I would try to smile and keep up. I kept them up at night with my snoring ...and trying to share a smaller bed with anyone was next to impossible.

4 years ago...I brought a book and my laptop and stayed in the motel room so they could do their thing with out big ole mom slowing them down. It was mortifying...and lonely. The last 3 yrs I made excuses as to why we shouldn't go. I blamed it on money, weather...whatever. They we so disappointed but at least I was able to avoid the whole scene. I was still mortified...and lonely.

1 month ago I surprised them by INSISTING we go back this year!!! They are sooooooo excited!! They are not stupid...my eldest sons first excited question was..."Are you coming out with us to the mountain?!" I said YES! My younger son then boomed " And in the caves??! Are you even coming in the caves??!!" I said YES!!! My husband sat there and smiled a big smile.

I am tearing up writing this because VSG...and a ton of hard work...have given me my life back. I am so happy and excited for this trip! My workouts have increased in drive and intensity this week. I'm ready to hit the White Mountains baby!!!!

I'm gonna challenge my family to keep up with ME this year...and it will fill my heart with such joy I'm not sure I'll be able to contain it!!!

Sorry to gush so much.........HECK!! I take that back!!! I'm NOT sorry!!! I'm THRILLED!!!!!

I had to share this moment with you all..because as much as the "other" folks say they can understand...only those of us that have lived like this, really do.

I hope you all find a way to celebrate your hard work and enjoy your success!!!

Peace All!

~Deb

Not MY will, but HIS. Not MY time, but HIS.    
Minemake14
on 8/1/13 8:18 pm

Thank you for sharing.  It is soooo exciting to be able to be a part of life either again, or in some instances for the first time....I often wonder how much different life would be, I would be, if my weight had not kept me in small and big ways from doing and being so much. 

I feel your exciteemmtn and share it....this year I am going with my 3 boys back to the amusement park we have been going to for the 4 years, this year I am riding more than the big ferris wheel and carousel.....a ride seat bar should fit very nicely now thank you!!! Enjoy the beauty and majesty of the Whites!!!

AnnieinIA
on 8/1/13 9:12 pm
I got tears reading this - you ROCK it, girl.

A
Ihearttennis
on 8/1/13 10:30 pm - LA
VSG on 04/24/13

Ok, so  your post made me cry.  Tears of joy , though. I am so happy for you and your family.  It reminds me what we are fighting for on this journey.  

"Whether you believe you can or you can't ....you are right! " by Henry Ford

Eve_34
on 8/1/13 10:41 pm - Canada
VSG on 05/23/13

Your family must be so proud , enjoy your trip!!!

grayC
on 8/1/13 11:00 pm
VSG on 05/01/13
Your post make me well up...beautiful!
Have a great vacation!

Sandy M.
on 8/1/13 11:01 pm - Detroit Lakes, MN
Revision on 05/08/13

You just gave me chills - that is an awesome story!  

Height 5'4"  HW:223 Lap band 2006, revised to Sleeve 5/8/2013, SW:196

ravenbrown
on 8/1/13 11:09 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm misty-eyed reading this.  Congratulations on your success!  Congratulations on getting your life back and grabbing onto your happiness with both hands!  Congratulations on being awesome!  Have an awesome vacation

mkate73
on 8/1/13 11:15 pm - NC
VSG on 10/23/12

So happy for you and proud of you!!  Your post brought tears to my eyes too -- you are right, many of us have been in that very same hotel room at one time or another (I've been there more times that I care to admit to myself).  Hang on to this joy -- this is what freedom feels like!  Congrats, to you and all of us that have managed to leave that hotel room and get back to actually living our lives.  Hope you have a fantastic trip!  

Wendy Covill
on 8/2/13 12:10 am - VT

Live across the Connecticut  River in The Green Mountain State, beautiful Vermont. I am always staying home and sending my family to hike and enjoy our beautiful surroundings. I haven't had surgery yet, but when I lose all of this weight I will be right out there with them. You give me hope.

Try Vermont sometime. I know one of my goals is to conquer this and Kayak Maidstone Lake.

Enjoy your vacation. Safe travels.

Most Active