NSV! 10 year High School Reunion

Jennifer L.
on 8/3/13 1:16 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Tonight was my high school reunion and while I wish I were thinner, it was still a good time! (and I am shocked I had a good time) It was nice catching up with people, laughing, and no "*****y" people showed up. (We all cheered a bit over that). This was also my first time out with my sleeve.

So I wanted to drink (I only drink a few times a year... usually at social events) but I didn't. I drank water up the wazoo!! I had at least 7 glasses of water on top of the 40oz I had earlier today. So I am pretty sure I made my water requirements! I also ordered the meatballs, ate a few bits and ended up passing around the rest (including all the bread that apparently came with it). People offered some not so great things for me but I was able to say no without a second thought and I didn't feel weird. I was able to order something that worked for me at this point in my journey, it filled me up and I had no problems. Plus all the water I was able to drink.... I was shocked! But the more I laughed, the more thirsty I was. 

Overall, a good time and a great little test drive for my sleeve!

HW: 275 SW: 265 CW: 200 GW: 135 Month 1: -25 Month 5: -65lbs total
On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

"You make me new, you are making me new" Gungor

princesswimmer24
on 8/3/13 2:07 pm - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

I'm happy that you had a great experience tonight with your new sleeve!! Keep up the good work!!

Jennifer L.
on 8/3/13 2:25 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you! I thought it might be hardder... but it really was not bad!! I dont tend to eat a lot when I am being social so the sleeve was perfect for that!

On the fence about self-pay options and if Mexico is the right choice (or scared of that option)? Let my experience (first time ever in Mexico) be your guide. Don't let fear hold you back!

Instagram

pineview01
on 8/3/13 2:30 pm - Davison, MI

You did really well with this situation.  Good for you!angry

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Jennifer L.
on 8/3/13 2:31 pm - Dayton, OH
VSG on 07/10/13 with

Thank you! I like being clapped for haha

Instagram

Calking
on 8/3/13 5:37 pm
VSG on 05/31/12

I think more importantly is that you overcame the equating a social gathering with an event where you get together and eat.  You actually went to this and the most important part wasn't just eating something with friends but instead it was the socializing.  The eating part actually took a back burner.

When you get to a point where you realize that you are winning the battle.  Food is starting to become something you need to live as opposed to something that you simply do because it is there.

Isn’t it a bit unnerving that doctors call what they do their “practice”?  -  George Carlin             

debk21
on 8/3/13 10:51 pm - Mansfield, TX

Calking took the words right out of my mouth!  I'm so glad you realized that what you do for yourself (choosing wisely) is much more important than what's on the table.  You'll get to the point where it is natural for you to pick what's good for you and not really focus on that, but focus on the social aspect of what/who is around you....trust me, this is a refreshing change for all of us.  I'm so proud that you did what you needed to do and had a great time doing it.

Great job!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

Tracy D.
on 8/3/13 11:29 pm - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13
Yeah Jennifer! I agree that the big NSV was focusing on the fun and the people, not the food. Food took a backseat to the real reason you were there and when was the last time that happened?

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

jenn227
on 8/4/13 12:59 am - NJ
VSG on 03/26/13

That is awesome!  Yay you!!!

Jenn   Highest weight: 278. Starting weight: 275. Surgery weight: 253. Month 1: 25 lbs. Month 2: 8.8 lbs. Month 3: 12.6 lbs. Month 4: 7 lbs. Onederland 7/29/2013. Month 5: 7 lbs. Month 6: 5 lbs. Months 7-9: self-induced maintenance, then 5 lb gain.

ravenbrown
on 8/4/13 11:04 pm - TX
VSG on 10/08/12

I'm so proud of you!  Great job!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views