Any advice regarding monitor like body bug or fit bit

christinahelena
on 8/6/13 1:26 pm - CA

Hi, I'm very much a NON techie... Can manage my iphone! Looking got an easy fitness monitor that wirelessly updates to phone...

what do you use, how happy are you with it, and is it easy enough?

Thanks in advance! I need to SEE my stats so I can really make needed improvements to get to goal.

Christina

defygravity
on 8/6/13 1:47 pm - NE
VSG on 07/10/13

I've been wearing the FitBit Flex for a few weeks and I really like it.  It syncs wirelessly to my phone and computer.  It tracks sleep which is pretty cool.  It also syncs with MyFitnessPal which is helpful.  I generally write off 10% of whatever it says my steps are because I wear it on my dominant wrist and I can be lying in bed on my laptop and it will record steps just from that.  It is also water resistant so I wear it in the shower.

~ Colleen                                       Instagram

"It is our choices... far more than our abilities that determine who we are."         

HW 232; SW 223; 1stGW 199;  2ndGW 170  

christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:08 am - CA

Thanks Colleen, that's one I've been considering!

Christina

bhern
on 8/6/13 1:49 pm
DS on 01/21/14

Christina,

I've been using the BodyMedia Fit since May and I really like it. It's pretty easy to set up. It's linked to MyFitnessPal, so I don't have to log my food twice. I get to see what I'm actually burning. No guesswork. It monitors my activity all day long, even sleep. Because sleep efficiency is key to adequate weight loss. I like that I can visually see my daily goals and how close I am to reaching them. If it's 5 in the evening for instance and I haven't hit my moderate or vigorous activity target then I know I have to kick it in gear. It really is a nice little gadget.  If you haven't already, check out their website http://www.bodymedia.com/explore.html  

If you decide to get one, let me know and I can "refer a friend" and you'll get 15% off your purchase.

Good Luck!

Barbara

HW 407 * SW 359 * TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS-TO-DATE.... 

christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:11 am - CA

Thanks Barbara! Which one do you have? Core or what? I think there are different models ?

Christina

wink77
on 8/6/13 1:52 pm - NE
I use the Fitbit Flex also and really like it. It synchs to my Iphone and MFP. I use it to help me sty more active during the day.
christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:14 am - CA

Thanks!

PrincessPR
on 8/6/13 2:08 pm
VSG on 12/17/13

I use Bodybugg and it's AMAZING!!  I have the one I can sync with a phone app.  I LOVE it!!  I've heard the technology is HIGHLY accurate and it's been endorsed and used by the Biggest Loser contestants (their physicians and trainers recommend it).  It's very easy to use and when you buy it, BodyBugg calls you to help you set everything up.  They actually called me and scheduled a time when a gal called me back, walked me through their website, app, usage, and even developed a customized fitness plan for me.  It was all included in the purchase of my bugg...

Hope that helps!!!

"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand most anything. It’s your mind you have to convince.” ~Vince Lombardi   Join me and help those with cancer!!!

bhern
on 8/6/13 4:43 pm
DS on 01/21/14

Bodybugg and BodyMedia are the same thing. Bodybugg is the name its marketed under with 24 Hr Fitness centers. They are made by BodyMedia. Great product either way you look at it. 

https://mystore.24hourfitness.com/category.php?cat=11

HW 407 * SW 359 * TOTAL WEIGHT LOSS-TO-DATE.... 

christinahelena
on 8/7/13 2:13 am - CA

Thanks! Disregard question above about which model now :) I get it!!

christina

Most Active