Your Go To Eating Out Menu Items

sillymilly
on 8/8/13 10:38 am - NC
VSG on 07/17/13

Great ideas in here!

Highest weight:  287    Surgery weight:  279   Current weight:  150

VSG on 06/12/13
Today I had a lunch meeting, and I ordered a Cobb salad. Ate 2 oz of the chicken from it (i am getting good at estimating - I play the game with the kitchen scale at home and am quite accurate), a little bit of egg, and a teeny bit of bacon. Left the rest. I have ordered appetizers, in the past, too.

I am packing my lunch nearly every day now. It's just not worth it to nibble a teeny bit off of a huge meal and leave the rest. Still, with my job, lunches out cannot be avoided. It's amazing. A small can of chicken, a tbsp of light mayo, and some onion powder and I'm a happy girl and stuffed till midafternoon.

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

lsereno
on 8/8/13 12:24 pm - CA

At PF Changs, love the Oolong Tea Sea Bass. Hubby and I share. It comes on a bed of spinach, so it's a complete meal for me. It's really whatever protein I feel like that day. If  I can't fini****  I bring the rest home for another meal.

Today I ate at the Cliff House in San Francisco. I got Caesar Salad with Salmon.  Before reaching goal weight, I would have got it with the dressing on the side, but since I was under goal this morning, I had it with the dressing. I ate 2 oz. of the salmon and about 1/2 cup of the salad. Yum! Then I brought the rest of the salmon home and had it for dinner, along with another 1/4 cup of salad. 

Lynda

themexcellentone
on 8/8/13 1:14 pm
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I just graduated to soft solids but here is what I've ordered while dining out so far:

--grilled shrimp

--the Power Breakfast Egg White Bowl with Turkey at Panera (I had them leave off the spinach and roasted peppers and I asked for the pesto on the side)

--lettuce wrap filling at Genghis Grill (it is minced chicken breast and water chestnuts with ginger, garlic and a sauce)

--grilled salmon

--Panera's vegetarian black bean soup

Those are the things that have worked for me so far.  I'm traveling out of town this weekend and thinking ahead to what would be good choices for breakfast, lunch and dinner while we are on the road.  I'm packing some of my own food but for when we have to eat out, I've determined that fish, shrimp, eggs and beans are good choices.

And yes, there are plenty of leftovers at this point in the game for me since I can eat about 2 ounces of protein and that's about it. :)

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Most Active