eggs dont like me

soprofound
on 8/13/13 9:46 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

so im 2.5 weeks out. 

dr put me on soft foods....i would think boiled and scrambled eggs would be ok since i love them so much. nope. i can always feel them going down and they give me the hiccups. i love them so much. 

what say you.....

Nancybefree
on 8/13/13 9:52 am
VSG on 11/21/12

I found that I really had to chew them or mash them up a lot.  The sleeve seems to like those teeny tiny pieces early on.  In those days I would mix hard-boiled egg whites with a small bit of reduced-fat mayo to make them moist and easier to eat.

5'8"    HRW 357 on 7/09/12    SW 339   >196 8/26/13 (surgeon's goal)   TWL  193     CW   164 

*:•-:¦:-•:*1st pers. goal 178 on 10/16/13; ultimate goal 164 on 12/13/13*:•-:¦:-•:* 

abbyluwho
on 8/13/13 10:02 am - kc, MO
VSG on 06/25/13 with

I did an egg salad type.  Finely chopped eggs, just enough mayo and mustard to bind it, and a dash of salt and pepper.  I

soprofound
on 8/13/13 10:05 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

i did both of those. still isn't right. 

acbbrown
on 8/13/13 10:35 am - Granada Hills, CA

Most people arent even allowed to be playing with eggs at 2.5 weeks out, so dont take your stomach's objection to eggs personal :-p

By soft food - i dont think a boiled egg would qualify, and my surgeon said no scrambled eggs on my soft food stage. 

Give it another 4-5 weeks, and try eggs again and you will proibably have a better experience with it. 

For now, consider greek yogurt, cottage cheese - things like that will definitely feel better in your stomach. I ate beans with salsa and a dab of greek yogurt and it tasted like mexican food :)  (i only ate refried beans until 6 weeks when I could eat more and then stopped eating them since they were too carby for me at that point). 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Antimony40
on 8/13/13 9:21 pm - VA
VSG on 12/06/12 with

this. 

also, when you do retry it, try seperating the egg--try just whites (which contain most of the protein anyway), and then yolks...my tummy doesn't like egg yolks...makes scrambled eggs difficult, but fried and/or boiled work just fine for me!

HW 286.7--SW 264.4--CW 184.2  M1-24.8//M2-14.8//M3-7.6//M4-10.0//M5-3.8//M6-8.4//M7-6.4//M8- 4.8//M9 +1

abbeycat43
on 8/13/13 10:53 am - MO
VSG on 06/12/13

I found that adding a little skim milk to my scrambled egg helped a lot.  I would also wait on the hard boiled egg...tougher to digest....and the hiccups....wow...I still get them with lots of different things and then also sometimes with just plain water....mine are so bad my daughter gets really annoyed with them...I always ask her..."Do you want me to have the hiccups or be fat?" LOL!!

soprofound
on 8/13/13 10:57 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13
I think the hiccups come from eating too fast which I have to watch.

Eggs were on doc's list.

I will find some recipes.

Greek yogurt. Do u get the kind with the fruit? I can't do plain.

I think I will cook my own fruit down for it.
acbbrown
on 8/13/13 11:02 am - Granada Hills, CA

Just remember that just b/c it's on the "list" doesnt mean YOUR stomach will like it. Always listen to your body :)

I didnt do the ones with fruit because the sugar/high fructose corn syrup was out of control in those. I got sugar free preserves, added a tbsp and a little artificial sweetner and the plain tasted close enough to fruity sugary ones. I ate one container plain and that was it - blech. Some people add SF syrups adn protein powders to theirs but i never liked it that way. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

whimsygurl
on 8/13/13 12:03 pm - Denham Springs, LA
VSG on 10/17/12
On August 13, 2013 at 6:02 PM Pacific Time, acbbrown wrote:

Just remember that just b/c it's on the "list" doesnt mean YOUR stomach will like it. Always listen to your body :)

I didnt do the ones with fruit because the sugar/high fructose corn syrup was out of control in those. I got sugar free preserves, added a tbsp and a little artificial sweetner and the plain tasted close enough to fruity sugary ones. I ate one container plain and that was it - blech. Some people add SF syrups adn protein powders to theirs but i never liked it that way. 

I agree. The ones with fruit didn't fit into my plan. I liked the plain Greek yogurt mixed with a little salsa(puréed) on top of refried beans. Yum!
Lately I have been experimenting with sugar free preserves, Splenda mixed in with the yogurt and its good! I wish I had tried it way before now b/c I know had I been able to get my protein in early on I would have healed a lot faster....just keep trying new things. You will find something you like.

Raymie

Most Active