How many Vitamins do you take?

Alese M.
on 8/16/13 8:57 am - FL

I've always taken good coverage of vitamins but since the vsg I've added more...vsg-7/30/13.

I just started all my vits again following drs. approval as he didn't want me taking vits for two wks following surg.  This morning when I took my meds along with vits my stomach and breath odor reminded me of my dissolving my stomach with chemicals.  I don't like that.  I've added Calcium Citrate 3 caps bid (two x/day) vs 2 caps bid, Potassium bid never, CoQ10, Anti Ox, and mvit/min bid.  I've taken the Mvit with one tablet with the same dosage once aday.  Sure, I realize it may be too much for the stomach.  Potassium, I am not certain I should be taking that one at all, the coQ10 never took, Anti ox, never took and lived successfully without them but started all that today... 

Yes, water is important and taking all these vits can be an all day affair.  I am very busy and am happy to even have a meal let alone wait an hour after and 30 min b4 a meal to drink water....

I can do everything else but ALL these vits are driving me crazy. 

I've spent so much money for all these vits, it isn't necessary I don't think.  Water is my most important liquid I need being next to protein.  I hope this isn't forever and will stop when we are on food. 

I'll try to finish ll these meds and not reorder...I'll buy my vit/min from a regular pharmacy same with Citracal. 

I am not a health buff.  I am 70 yo and am in great health.  Even had a pancreas/kidney txp 10 yrs ago so follow their meds and vit protocol...

Thx, alese

themexcellentone
on 8/16/13 9:07 am
VSG on 07/08/13 with

I take a chewable multivitamin and a chewable calcium supplement 2x daily.  I also take a sublingual B12 3x a week.  No iron as I was directed not to take it since it was determined I did not need it.

VSG by Nick Nicholson in 2013. Revised to DS 2/23/2023 by Chad Carlton.

Alese M.
on 8/16/13 9:20 am - FL

Thanks, I can deal with that....You have saved me bunches of money but after I had opened the bottles.  One company promoted by my dr. (says they aren't involved) hmmm, Building blocks is the company and by some chance has a close address to my drs office but sell online only! +s/h!

The other store was Vitamin Shoppe and they found a real sucker as I had my list when I went into the store.....I found my protein powder isolate at the grocery store so don't need V.S.....They will give me credit for opened bottles as the liq vit/min was vile which means a credit and I must spend more there...Online means the same thing, credit and s/h back to them...can't win.

I am more distresssed about this than my vsg...That went well.

Thx for writing....alese

starry957
on 8/16/13 9:09 am

I take 1-2 mult's/day, 1 calcium/day and B12 sublingual every 2 days.  My blood work is great and everything seems good for me with this...

Kerry

January 8th, 2013 - VSG with Dr Paul Sullivan (St Joe's Toronto)

Alese M.
on 8/16/13 2:00 pm - FL

Hi Kerry...

If I didn't ans you before I am for the 1 multi b/c the calcium I have to take are 3 large capsules twice a day.  I still haven't finished them.

Today I was dry all day and drank rather gulped water.  I had to I was too thirsty and can't risk dehydration again....

Thank you for your input...

alese

Alese M.
on 8/16/13 9:23 am - FL

Thank you for your input.  Read my post above to see my ans.

I am going to copy and paste your comments to see what I am going to take.

I am really upset by all this money I spent.

alese

TexasTerritory
on 8/16/13 9:40 am
VSG on 07/22/13
I understood vitamins and supplements weren't optional from the consultation with my surgeon. I take a chewable Bariatric multivitamin bid, B12 sublingual daily, and 1500ml calcium citrate. I have to follow a schedule so that the calcium and multivitamin don't interfere re absorption. It does keep me busy but I am very satisfied with feeling well.

Alese M.
on 8/16/13 2:08 pm - FL

Hi Texas..

Where in Texas are you from?  I used to live in Dallas when I was in my 20"s.  Loved it there.

The calcium is driving me mad as I have to take 3 large capsules twice a day.  I can't get them down.  I don't feel like taking one cap at a time....I rather take the Citracal+D twice a day two at a time and they are smaller and also cheaper!  The chewables are not my favorites....

Well I must go.  I am 3 wks out from surg (7/30/13) but the dr. said no vitamins until I see him.  I still had many pills to take but it was nice compared to now.

Thank you for you input.  It was very enlightening.

alese inFL

TexasTerritory
on 8/16/13 4:19 pm
VSG on 07/22/13
Just spent three days in Dallas. Have family there. It is wonderful. Small world.

mmmesser
on 8/16/13 9:41 am
I take the Unjury chewable multi-vitamin once a day. I take 2 calcium citrate and magnesium in a gelcap once a night. The multi-vitamin does have B-12 in it (at a great amount due to us not really being able to absorb it anymore) but I'm pretty sure when I go for my first doctor's visit in a couple weeks post-op that I will be starting a shot or something similar for B-12. The chewable does have Iron in it and once I get my bloodwork complete in a couple of weeks I'm looking to see how that number looks as you don't want to be too high on that. So...for now I just do the chewable in the morning and the 2 gelcaps at night. I don't know if your specific needs require all that you take but it sure sounds like a lot but I'm not too familiar with all things vitamin.

Most Active