Looking on the bright side....

kjo74
on 8/17/13 10:40 am - Lincoln, NE
I was so close to having everything ready to go to insurance approval, then my husband got a new job with insurance that will cover the procedure 100%. The con-I will have to do a 6 month doctor monitered weight loss program. So my surgery will not be as soon as I had hoped.

After a day of ugly crying and a major pity party, I have started to focus on the pluses. I now have 6 months to keep working on muscle tone and healthy habits. I will have 6 months to start curbing carbs and focus on protein.

I am going to keep a bright outlook and hopefully the 6-7 months will go by quickly.

Kendra

Approved!   Meet with surgeon 4/1 to get my surgery date! 

Miss150
on 8/17/13 11:54 am
I was 6 months from initial consultation to surgery and it was a good thing. Not only did I loose from a about 293 to 235 in those 6 months, but there are so many changes and habits that need to be broken, delt with or changed with surgery, that the time Gave me an opportunity to do some growing ahead of surgery. The transition was so much easier and the surgery itself was so much easier on my body because I was healthier. Changes I began in those months before we're to begin exercising consistantly 5 dys a week, 60 min a day, cutting carbs to a minimum, writing everything that went in my mouth down in a journal, and practicing self discipline and consistency in it all. I would add that cultivating a taste for liquids now ( try to build up to ounces half the total of your body weight) daily would be a good thing, too. Attitude is everything, and it sounds like yours is where it needs to be. Sometimes when things don't go the way we would like them to go- we are the ones who have to change if change is going to happen, if that makes any sence. Otherwise, we just percolate on the pity pot- victims of our own attitudes and cir****tances. I'm liking your positive attitude in this, and think good things are to come.

goal!!! August 20, 2013   age: 59  High weight: 345 (June, 2011)  Consult weight: 293 (June, 2012)  Pre-Op: 253 (Nov., 2012) Surgery weight: 235 (Dec. 12, 2012) Current weight: 145

TOTAL POUNDS LOST- 200 (110 pounds lost before surgery, 90 pounds lost Post Op.diabetes in remission-blood pressure normal-cholesterol and triglyceride levels normal!  BMI from 55.6  supermorbidly obese to 23.6  normal!!!!  

71dart
on 8/17/13 8:51 pm
VSG on 08/06/12 with
My insurance approved for immediate surgery, but I waited six months for professional reasons which gave me time to change a few behaviors/habits and lose a little weight pre-op. I'm glad I took the time.

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 59 views