I've got the Ap.

Vanessa_M
on 8/21/13 12:38 pm
The surgeon's office did the appeal. An outside review agency looked at my file and told Aetna that they were a bunch of idiots. The only part that sucked was that I got denied like 3 days before surgery. Once my case was reviewed and approved I was on the table in 2 weeks. I'm not trying to be negative and i hope you are approved the first time around! I am just explaining my experience with Aetna. Oh, the appeal took 45 days.

VSG Surgery 4/30/2013

Dr. Rohit Patel, Cooper University Hospital 

Missylaneous
on 8/21/13 2:09 pm - DE

I am 10 RDI's per hour so I was also wondering. I have CIGNA and I have a 1500 deductible so I can't afford the 950.00 machine. I don't want it because it is a mild case and I hated using it during the test. I was just afraid if I didn't buy it I would get denied or something. I don't plan on buying one unless I'm forced.

I am so confused over CIGNAs policies. I have read their requirements but the caseworker here in Delaware at the surgeon's office said I would be fine. I don't have 6 full months of documented weight loss with a physician. Lots of weight loss attempts but many gaps within the 2 years. I was told by the surgeon's office when I started the process that everything would be fine and I would just need to do 3 months of nutrition and life skills classes with a nutritionist. Here's hoping I didn't receive conflicting info. 

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 8/21/13 2:11 pm
VSG on 11/25/13 with
Ugh this is so stressful, isn't it? Not knowing any of this stuff for sure? I think with 10 RDIs you should be fine though. The minimum is 5.
Missylaneous
on 8/21/13 2:27 pm - DE

I hope so! It all confuses me. I guess I will find out more at my medical clearance on Tuesday! Good luck to you

MadlyInLovewithChees
e

on 8/21/13 2:29 pm
VSG on 11/25/13 with

Thanks- you too!

Most Active