First time getting sick post-op :(

rbrown116
on 8/23/13 1:52 am - IA
VSG on 08/08/13

I had my morning water this morning, took my B12 followed by my multi-vitamin.. it was SUPER sweet this morning for some reason, and it instantly didn't really sit well. I decided to take my Ursodiol, which I started gagging while I was trying to get it down.. needless to say that started the downhill spiral of getting sick. 

This is the first time I've gotten sick since surgery, and it was scary as hell! I'm never one to normally get sick (haven't vomited in over 4 years). Luckily it wasn't painful like I figured it would be.. just scary. Any reasons as to why I could've gotten sick from my MV? 

HW: 330lbs, SW: 307.2, GW: 140lbs
Surgery: VSG  Date: August 8th, 2013
Month 1-25.6, Month 2-13.8

Created by MyFitnessPal - Free Weight Loss Tools

cajunlady1958
on 8/23/13 2:05 am - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
It may have just been one of those things that happens. I can't take any medication on an empty stomach so I take mine after I have my protein shake in the morning. Sorry you got sick.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

princesswimmer24
on 8/23/13 2:10 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Aww I'm sorry that you got sick! Mornings are still kind of rough for me, nausea wise. It could've just been a fluke. Hopefully it was a one time deal and you won't have to go through that again.

shrinking_sarah
on 8/23/13 2:21 am - CA

Ursodiol didn't sit well with me, either.  Then I looked at the info from the pharmacy and it says to take it with food.  My RD said I could take a small sip of water with a meal to take meds if needed.  When I took it with food, no problem. :)  I have never been able to take multivitamins on an empty stomach without it making me sick, either.

Sarah, VSG Dr. Cirangle--12/28/12, HW: 265 SW: 253 GW: 130???

Joy M.
on 8/23/13 2:43 am
VSG on 08/06/13

I got sick on my multi vitamin too sweet I think. I switched to a gummy vitamin it was better. Good luck! 

Cathy K.
on 8/23/13 3:37 am

sorry to hear my DR. gave me a patch for nausea, and so far so good, very tired of the sweet tastes

ltljennjenn
on 8/23/13 4:36 am

You should check with your doc about taking gummies. We are not supposed to take them because they don't absorb in our new tummies as well.

ltljennjennkiss

Most Active