I need to be smacked upside the head....

SophieNJ
on 8/29/13 11:13 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

til the white meat shows.  I am 6 mos out, and find myself wanting to graze, overeat, etc.  Luckily, the only things we keep in the house are sleeve friendly, but I am not happy with myself when I overeat anything, even if it is cottage cheese.  I don't like the idea of using food to satisfy emotional needs, and that I seem to be looking for that again.  Plus,  I have always had a very hard time with exercise, and still do.  I know this is the time to be doing it, and making it a lifelong habit, but I am stuck.  when I do exercise for a few days, I see a better drop on the scale, and logically, I KNOW I should be doing it....I know many things logically, but that didn't seem to help me yesterday, when I went to Costco...and helped myself to almost every sample available. 

today is the day I call the psych that did my evaluation, and make an appointment.....he won't smack me upside the head, but I invite any of you to please do so.

thanks

Sophie

HW 275 SW 246 CW 162.5  GW 150  ( 5'1"  Over 1 1/2 inch lost in the last few yrs! LOL) lost 50 lbs on my own, stable for 3 yrs, gained back 21 during year b4 surgery.

lil1inside
on 8/29/13 11:46 pm
VSG on 07/10/13

Smack, smack, smack!  You have done so good!  You've gotten yourself under that 200 lb marker, and that to me is SUPER EXCITING, you don't want to go back there!!!!!  Shape up, smack yourself a couple of times in the mirror and get back to it.

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

SophieNJ
on 8/30/13 9:51 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

Thank you!  I needed that smacking!  yesterday was much much better (foodwise) day!

Member Services
on 8/29/13 11:47 pm - Irvine, CA

No smacking of the head but we will give you kudos for realizing you are heading down the wrong path, what you need to do to stop it and taking action to accomplish that.  Nope no head smacking but a great big 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

SophieNJ
on 8/30/13 9:52 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

thanks...yes, I try to keep 'aware' and not mindless...even if I don't do the right thing...

debk21
on 8/29/13 11:56 pm - Mansfield, TX

You are absolutely correct in much of what you posted.  You DO know what you should be doing so now you have to find out WHY you're not doing it.  Hopefully the psych can help with that.  I so wish the docs could have fixed our heads when they fixed our tummies, but that's just not the way it works.  Good luck to you and good job on your success so far and for realizing that your path has taken a turn.  You CAN do this!!!

Deb

Goal Reached in 12.5 Months
HW: 274   Pre-OpW: 266   SW: 254   CW: 125  GW: 145

You must permanently change your lifestyle if you want your weight loss to be permanent. You can do it!

SophieNJ
on 8/30/13 9:55 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

yeah, I am realizing, even after years of various reasons for therapy, that my head will never be 'fixed'...I never thought I could go through with wls, but hey, I did it...thank you!

mimij
on 8/29/13 11:58 pm - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Smacking won't help but I know what you mean. Be kind to yourself. You are doing a good thing calling the psychologist. Work, work, work. I am talking to myself here too.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

grayC
on 8/30/13 1:43 am
VSG on 05/01/13
No smacking here..
We are all "junkies"...
Food junkies..and junkies relapse, they just do..
The great thing is that you recognize,acknowledge,
And admit your misstep...fight it, correct it, when the hand wanders to
Something, distract it, go for a walk..read a book, anything till the temptation passes...I've had the same problem...was grazing on slices of cheese..almost subconsciously...had to stop and think about what I was doing and correct myself..
This journey is not easy..but soo worth it if we could just stay the course until it becomes habit NOT to eat the junk!

SophieNJ
on 8/30/13 10:07 pm - Parsippany, NJ
VSG on 03/05/13

ah, that would be a marvelous habit to have - to NOT eat when not necessary....

Most Active