Is this a stall or are cream soups doing me in?

Bella Italiana
on 9/2/13 5:03 am
VSG on 08/17/13

I'm sixteen days out from surgery.  I lost 16 lbs in the first 10 days, and have stayed at the same weight for 6 days now, coincidentally since the first day I started on full liquids... whi*****ludes cream soups.  I know I'm probably due for a stall anyway at this point, but could these cream soups be sabotaging me?  I can only eat about 4 tablespoons at a time, and I do that about 3 or maybe four times/ day.  That's along with a protein shake in the morning and drinking clear liquids all day.  Any thoughts?

serenity1959
on 9/2/13 5:15 am
VSG on 08/05/13

I suspect you have hit the notorious three week stall.   I just got out of it and had my surgery on 8/5.   You aren't eating enough calories to worry over.

HW 275  SW 266

lil1inside
on 9/2/13 5:22 am
VSG on 07/10/13

It doesn't sound like you are eating too much--I remember I could really put down the cream soup (before I got to the mushy stage), and had more than that.  Sorry I'm not much help though, I'd say keep up with this and you'll get thru the stall soon?

Started at (266 lbs)          Pre-op (249) 7/10/13             Present (173) 03/19/14
No star is lost once we have seen, We always may be what we might have been.
Adelaide Proctor

cappy11448
on 9/2/13 5:38 am

It sounds like the classic stall in week 3.  We lose a lot of water the first week or two, so the weight comes off quickly, as in your case.  then the body needs some time to rebalance.  So, you are still burning body fat, but it doesn't show up on the scale for a while.  The best thing is to have faith that you have to be burning fat every day because your calorie intake is so low.  It will show on the scale eventually. 

Every night when I go to bed, i tell myself, "Another day on the plan, another 1/2 pound of fat burned."  If the scale moves as well, that's a bonus!

Best of luck on your weight-loss journey.

Carol

Surgery May 1, 2013. Starting Weight 385,  Surgery Weight 333,  Current Weight 160.  At GOAL!

Weight loss Pre-op 1-20 2-17 3-15 Post-op 1-20 2-18 3-15 4-14 5-16 6-11 7-12  8-8

9-11 10-7 11-7 12-7 13-8 14-6 15-3 16-7 17-3  18-3

Horizon29
on 9/2/13 7:22 am
VSG on 05/22/13

You mentioned having a protein shake, but not any other source of protein. Are you getting all your protein in? How are your fluids? I know that early on I was sipping all day to get my fluids in. A couple tablespoons at a time 3 or 4 times a day is such an insignificant amount I would be hard pressed to believe that is the cause of any weight problems. It sounds like a stall to me. Just remember to keep doing what you're supposed to be doing and you'll be doing great once you get over this hump!

Monica

Bella Italiana
on 9/3/13 1:29 am
VSG on 08/17/13

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.  I'm actually getting in between 40-60 grams of protein a day, between Shakes, Unjury chicken broth and Isopures.  I try very hard to get 70 oz of fluids a day, but sometimes it's closer to 50-60.  And I'm not really exercising at all yet (except 10-15 mins on my treadmill almost every day).  My stomach is still tender feeling in spots, so I told myself I'll give myself a month to heal inside before I start working out.  I'm terrified of pulling something or doing some damage.  Honestly, it must just be a stubborn stall, b/c I'm not cheating... it's not even possible to "cheat"!  lol  Either that, or as I feared, I truly am the one person that will not lose weight with only 15% of a stomach!!

Most Active