man mad?

soprofound
on 9/4/13 4:42 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13
have any of you had issues with your man being pissed because you lost weight?
Debra M.
on 9/4/13 4:52 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
I have read about it and I have heard about it from other women. There are some men who legitimately prefer heavy women and in those cases their wives were probably heavy when they married. Then there are the men who become insecure when their partners lose weight. Perhaps instead of appreciating the smaller figure they become insecure and fear they are going to lose their mates to someone else. Weight lose can cure many physical ailments, but it can cause insecurity in relationships. It is always important to make a mate feel secure by letting them know every day that we value them.

G5x5
on 9/4/13 5:06 am - VA

First, heterosexual male here so nope, no issues so far  LOL

But second, to take a different angle than the insecurity option, but not really knowing anyone's situation, there's the possibility your man has some body issues of his own.  *****ally know what's going on in his head.  With you making changes this may be a cause for him to dwell on his own issues.

Remember, if this is the case, it could very well have nothing to do with how you or others see him, but instead about how he thinks of himself or how he thinks others see him, regardless of accuracy.

A possible complicating factor is that he could be seeing you making changed but be somehow constrained from making changes he might wish for.

Anyone, just remember, this is all hypothetical and conjecture.  I would not act on anything unless you know more about what's feeding it.

HW: 255 (6/5/13), SW: 240 (6/19/13), CW: 169 (9/16/14)

M1: -26,  M2: -17,  M3: -5,  M4: -13  M5: -12  M6: -11  M7: -8

M8-10: Skinny Maintenance (10k Training)   M11-13: On Break

M14+: **CROSSTRAINING FOR ALL AROUND FITNESS**

Google NSNG and learn the right way to eat each day

Keith L.
on 9/4/13 5:27 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

He likes 'em big and round and juicy! At least you know he cannot lie!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

mimij
on 9/4/13 5:34 am - McDonough, GA
VSG on 10/03/12

Maybe it's not really all about the weight loss. Weight loss, weight gain or other changes tend to uncover other issues in relationships. Makes things unsettled and shifts focus onto issues that were just under the surface before.

MIMI  Highest weight 215  SW 203  GW 125   M1 -22  M2 -12  M3 -11  M4 -7  M5 -10  M6 -5  M7 -6  M8 -5  M9 -4  M10 -3  In maintenance since June 2013  HT- 5'2"  

soprofound
on 9/4/13 6:22 am - roswell, GA
VSG on 07/30/13

he did not want me to have surgery. he does like them big. but since i've started losing weight, he's been a d*ck and can't look at me. 

Shagdoll
on 9/4/13 6:27 am

Sounds like insecurity to me.  That can be natural to a point but can hurt any relationship in the long run.  If you haven't already, try to let him know that your relationship is strong & want it to remain strong.  Maybe talk about some things, ask him if he is ok with your changing body.  He shouldn't be pissed, he should be happy your life is changing for the better.

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Nmmsg
on 9/4/13 6:46 am
VSG on 07/09/13
My husband is thrilled and very supportive. I know it would be hard on me if he felt differently about this. Maybe a counselor would help. Good luck.

Learn from your family history and rewrite yours!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 54 views