One Month

princesswimmer24
on 9/5/13 7:03 am - VA
VSG on 08/05/13

Today is my 1 month surgiversary!! It's definitely not what I expected, but I would still do it again, even with all the complications I've had. My official weight loss this month is 26lbs and a total of 34lbs lost altogether!! I saw my surgeon today and all the tests, but one, came back normal. I have elevated white blood cells in my intestines which is a sign of an Inflammatory Bowel Disease. At this point they don't know which one, but the good thing is since there is no bacteria present, I can start taking some different pills to treat the symptoms. He is going to give it another 2 weeks and I am going to make the changes he wants and if I'm not better than he will order an upper G.I. to show that it's not surgical and refer me to a gastro Dr. to do a colonoscopy so they can get a definitive diagnosis. I just keep reminding myself that it could be worse and there are many people going through far worse things than me! I am so thankful for all the support and information on this site!!

Joy M.
on 9/5/13 8:02 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Congrats on the weight loss sleeve sister!

(deactivated member)
on 9/5/13 10:19 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/13

I'm sorry for your complications, and congratulations on a great weight loss. 

Most Active