My poor sleeve!! Wasabi torture!

red42897
on 9/8/13 12:14 pm
VSG on 08/20/12

I decided to make salmon for dinner tonight and this cucumber radish relish on the side. Well it called for a tablespoon of horseradish, I didn't have horseradish so I substituted wasabi.  I took two small bites of this stuff and of course it made my nose burn and cleared my sinuses, but was yum!  

About two minutes later I was having the most terrible stomach pain and discomfort that I have ever had in my life, including right after my surgery (which was terrible). I felt like I couldn't sit or lay down, it hurt worse, I kept salivating and having to spit, and then at one point thought I might have to throw up.  It lasted about twenty minutes.  It was SO awful.  I have eaten other somewhat spicy foods and never had the problem to this degree.  I must have had just way too much. Anyway, lesson learned.  No more wasabi for this girl.  

Thank you, Jesus, the pain went away!! 

HW:280 SW: 259 CW: 181.2

abbeycat43
on 9/8/13 12:49 pm - MO
VSG on 06/12/13
loverofcats
on 9/8/13 1:20 pm

Yep. It is GERD. It can be very nasty.

"          
 LW-Apple-Gold-Small.jpg image by PlicketyCat

cajunlady1958
on 9/8/13 10:15 pm - Broussard, LA
Revision on 12/30/15
Since my surgery 15 months ago I can no longer eat anything spicy or acidic. I was told my taste would change but I never thought it would be like this. I live in Louisiana and we have spicy foods and a lot of creole dishes are made with tomatoes. So now I try and steer clear of those things or dial back on some of the spices when I am cooking.

You survived what you thought would kill you. Now straighten your crown and go forward like the Queen you are!

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 41 views