Post-ops out 1+ years, advice on starting to lose again?

LittleMissSunshine
on 9/9/13 5:15 am
I got pregnant with twins prior to the 1 yr anniversary mark, which forced me to prioritize nutrition for my babies over losing weight. I'm about a year and a half out and have only lost the initial drop of about 50lbs... I feel like I'm right back at square one, though with the added benefit that I can't gorge myself with food like I once could, and my hunger isn't the monster it once was.

I'm still grateful that I had the surgery because I find that I don't gain at all anymore, no matter what I eat (the volume issue was always my biggest problem), but I'm not losing either.

Anyone out there have any advice on a program to get back on the losing side again?

Blog | Join me on HealthyWage | Friend me on MyFitnessPal

acbbrown
on 9/9/13 5:32 am - Granada Hills, CA

At this stage, it's probably not about a program - you know how to lose weight. It's going to come

down to actually doing it. You could start with the most commonly recommended "get back to basics" or find something else that appeals to you. 

I did paleo for a couple months. It was easier for me to be able to eat around 1100 calories of clean healthy food and lose than to restrict myself to really low calories. I lost about 12-15 lbs in 4-5 weeks (this was at 2 yrs out) eating like tht with no exercise. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

Shagdoll
on 9/9/13 5:47 am

I would try "going back to basics" too.  That might just get your weight loss off to a great start.  I find it extremely difficult to stay within the 600-800 calorie range this far out but if you try to keep the calories as low as you can while drinking plenty of water in between meals, that will help. 

Jenn  

WWBD?  

Debra M.
on 9/9/13 5:53 am - TX
VSG on 03/26/13
Stop eating the food the twins leave behind. . You have already lost 50 pounds so it sounds to me like you are doing the right things. I would say exercise, but if you are caring for 2 babies you are already getting plenty of exercise. Just up your water and protein and do not eat what you feed to the babies. Congratulations on your family addition. Maybe you should include them in your before and after photos.

Most Active