Bummed out...

gonna-be-sexy-nana
on 9/16/13 11:16 am, edited 9/16/13 11:28 am - CO
VSG on 09/30/13

Had my final psych eval today and only one class left. I thought wow! It will happen soon now, then found out in class that my surgeons scheduling all the way out into November and December right now.  I so wanted to have the surgery in the next month I have already been in the system since May.  

Phyllis

VSG on 06/12/13
They told me when I started my journey a nearly year ago that they often rushed to get folks in by end of year because of insurance. Perhaps you can leverage this to get them to schedule you earlier?

Even if not, uptime will go fast!

Laurie

Sleeved 6/12/13 - 100 pounds lost to get to goal!

DreamAngel3372
on 9/16/13 11:36 am

Ugh. That is a drag..but you know what? November is just around the corner.

Get scheduled as quickly as you can so it's not delayed any further.

One thing for certain...your New Year's resolution is going to come true in 2014!

Hang in there!  ~Sheri

... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

Keep your dreams alive. All things are possible for those who believe.

brynn3
on 9/16/13 11:55 am - MI
VSG on 10/16/13
I know what you're going through. I'm sti waiting for paperwork to be submitted. Just want to jump into the next part of our journey! Good luck.
Brandy
bdaycakegirl
on 9/16/13 12:37 pm

I hear ya!

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Member Services
on 9/16/13 1:21 pm - Irvine, CA

Waiting is soooo hard.  Try to focus on planning your post op life and all the wonderful things your will experience.  Keep us posted!

Best wishes. 

Cheryl G.
on 9/16/13 9:00 pm, edited 9/16/13 9:00 pm - MI
VSG on 10/28/13

I feel your pain. I too have all my requirements done and have been approved. I see my surgeon on 9/27 to get my date. I am hoping for The first part of Oct but I hear that they are booking fast and was told that it would be done no later then dec. it seems that the word is out and everyone is getting wls.

gonna-be-sexy-nana
on 9/16/13 11:24 pm - CO
VSG on 09/30/13

Thanks everyone, I will just have to wait, Kaiser is not known for their speed in scheduling or follow up. Had to wait almost 2 years for my rotator cuff surgery, they kept telling me nothing showed on the MRI's, then waiting for the ortho surgeon and for them to schedule the surgery took almost 6 months in itself, oh well.......I will just keep riding my bike and working on my eating habits! ;-)

Phyllis

mokee
on 9/16/13 11:27 pm - OH
Same here a yr ago. I finished all my hoops by the end of sept. and hoped I would have surgery in Oct. Well, with everyone trying to get in by the end of the yr, I did not get surgery till Nov 28. Push to get it now. Then your holidays won't be ruined. The preop diet is hard enough but to go thru it during Thanksgiving is a real bummer (had my birthday and my son's at this time also). At least by Xmas I was able to eat 2 ounces of chicken, what a treat that was.

VSG  12-28-2012

gonna-be-sexy-nana
on 9/16/13 11:50 pm - CO
VSG on 09/30/13

that is my whole thought process! the holidays, I want to at least be able to have mushy if not regular food....

Phyllis

Most Active