1 year post op w/pics

MaryContrary80
on 9/17/13 3:27 am
VSG on 09/04/12

Hey everybody! My 1 year post-op just passed and I wanted to let you all know how I'm doing. I have not yet reached goal, and frankly it's because I did not eat on plan over the summer and I didn't track. Thankfully I didn't gain because I like to work out, but I really won't make any excuses, those don't get me anywhere. I'm going to work my bum off to get these last pounds off in the coming months. That being said, I am happy to say I've lost almost 115 pounds and I am  now a runner!! I run every other day for about an hour and I'm getting close to running about 5 miles at time. I'm not the fastest girl out there, but I love it and it has changed my life. 

This surgery is a gift, and it has completely helped me to transform myself. This year has been filled with ups and downs. My vice was eating huge portions of crap, and taking that away really forced me to look at myself. As a result I ended up getting a therapist and really working on myself so that I never go back to that sad girl that I was. I'm learning everyday that I have to keep putting myself first and keep choosing the life I want. 

So I thought I would share a couple pictures. 

This is me (in the blue dress), the last time I was a bridesmaid at my friend Jen's wedding, close to my highest weight of 284 pounds.

This is me this past weekend as a bridesmaid for my friend Dana (who is the girl with me in the above pic) at 171 pounds.

Tracy D.
on 9/17/13 3:30 am - Papillion, NE
VSG on 05/24/13

WHOA, baby!   I can't even believe that these are pics of the same person.   Wowza...you look incredible.   Kudos to you for all that hard work.  angry

Tracy  5'3"     HW: 235  SW: 218  CW: 132    M1: -22  M2: -13  M3: -12  M4: -9  M5: -8   M6: -10   M7: -4

Goal reached in 7 months and 1 week

Lower Body Lift w/Dr. Barnthouse 7-8-15

Keith L.
on 9/17/13 3:31 am - Navarre, FL
VSG on 09/28/12

Wow! I can't even tell which one you are in the top picture. Great progress! Congrats!

VSG: 9/28/2012 - Dr. Sergio Verboonen  My Food/Recipe Blog - MyBigFatFoodie.com

?My Fitness Pal Profile ?View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

Melody2
on 9/17/13 3:39 am
VSG on 04/10/13

awesome post!  very inspirational....you look wonderful.  angry

grayC
on 9/17/13 3:40 am
VSG on 05/01/13
OK, I gotta say it ...
cause everyone who sees this post HAS to be thinkin' it....
HOLY ****
You look FREAKIN' FABULOUS!!!!
Way to go!!!

on 9/17/13 3:49 am

That is so awesome. Thank you for posting!

jpro77
on 9/17/13 3:51 am

Hi, great job! I am currently considering WLS. Well, I've had my first couple appointments, so I am basically planning for it. So about the exercise/running thing. Did you ever enjoy running before you were up in the higher weight range? I ask because I'm curious if I will become one of those people who "love" to exercise once it's not so painful anymore. I always make the joke when people talking about running "who was chasing you?!" Then I think about how it must be so much easier for skinny people! LOL! I used to be in the military, though, and was only 150 pounds, and always felt like each of my legs weighed as much as a tree trunk! So I'm curious if it just "grew on you," or what???? Thanks for sharing. You look great!

jpro77
on 9/17/13 3:55 am
Joy M.
on 9/17/13 3:56 am
VSG on 08/06/13

Great job!

Nikke2003
on 9/17/13 3:57 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

CONGRATS!!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Most Active
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 43 views