Had my Psych Eval

bdaycakegirl
on 9/21/13 8:30 am

and man, it was intense. It was very confrontational.  I was as honest as I could be,and it felt like he thought I was lying or something. At one point I actually said I was feeling attacked and uncomfortable. By the end everything was fine.

What triggered it was I said that I have done every diet known to man and have not lost weight. I meant I am still fat, he thought I was saying I have not lost weight while following programs and that wouldn't be possible. But good grief. I was almost shaky.

Anyway he labeled me an "emotional eater' (knew that) and said that I am fine to have surgery, but I have a high risk of regain bc I emotionally eat and that  I should seek therapy (which I'm already in).

By then end it was all nice and good feelings and he encouraged me to contact him if I had any questions or needs at anytime in the process.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Mlkpas
on 9/21/13 8:58 am - Pasadena, CA

Congratulations for getting through it an living to tell the tale!!

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

bdaycakegirl
on 9/21/13 9:27 am

Is everyone's this intense? I really had no idea it was so intense and confrontational. I go to a therapist and she's sweet. I almost felt like I was on trial.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Stephanie R.
on 9/21/13 2:28 pm - GA
VSG on 09/11/13
Mine was kind of intense. He actually didn't approve me at first....not until I worked in some things. Almost a year later he finally approved me.

My WLS and Plastic Surgery Journey Page: Stephanie's Journey 

Sleeve: 9/11/13  LBL, TL, BL/BA: 12/16/14

Mlkpas
on 9/21/13 10:06 am - Pasadena, CA

I was lucky because I was a self-pay and my surgeon accepted a letter from my regular therapist.  Badda-bing, badda-boom, done and done. 

Sorry yours was such an ordeal!

I'm 5'2" and 55 years old.  VSG 3/17/10

Member Services
on 9/21/13 11:53 am - Irvine, CA

Sounds like it was a rough experience but....it's OVER and you are on your way! 

Congratulations.

Most Active