No Way....Size TEN?

mdusha
on 9/23/13 2:54 am - FL
VSG on 12/07/12

Sorry for the duplicate my MFP friends, but I'm still reeling from shock!

Indeed, yesterday, I went to my fave thrift/consignment shop and decided to try on 10s. THEY ALL FIT! Not like, "can button, but too tight to wear." More like, "OMG they F*^&ing FIT and I can WEAR them!" 

Yes, I was this excited when a 16 would fit...but holy crap...I don't think I ever thought I'd wear a 10...I never have...NEVER in my life. 

It's as though I'm living in some alternative universe. I work HARD to make my internal image match my external as I'm so aware that if I don't, my subconscious will work overtime to make my external match my internal...and we don't want to go back there. I've gone from a 26 to a 10! Hurts my head, but I'll take it.

So yes, I'm rather enjoying the size 10P pants I'm wearing today :-)

I've got a little ways to go til goal, but think I may drop it another 10lbs once I hit it. We'll see. It's coming off more slowly now, but I've done very well sticking to plan. The surgeon's office insists I'm done losing as they say I have about 15lbs of excess skin...but I'm thinking, "don't tell me when I'm DONE!" 

I've said it before and will say it again. I'm so very ridiculously grateful for the opportunity I had for VSG. I have pledged myself to be committed to the process for my life, and pray I will be rewarded with sustained success and health.

Thanks to all of you for your support. You guys ROCK!

Check out my blog at www.selfimageafterweightloss.com

DreamAngel3372
on 9/23/13 3:07 am

Wow! That is wonderful! Congratulations! angry ... Shift+R improves the quality of this image. Shift+A improves the quality of all images on this page.

You are going to be at goal in less than a year..how exciting!

I started out a tad higher than you..but have the same goal weight. You give me hope that I, too, will be able to slide a size 10 over these thighs. I have never worn less than a 13/14.

Thanks for sharing..what an inspiration! 

You go girl! 

~Sheri

Keep your dreams alive. All things are possible for those who believe.

Shagdoll
on 9/23/13 3:08 am

I don't know what it was but for me to fit into a size 10 was the turning point of success to me.  A lot of people said it was to get into the single digits, like a size 8 but 10 was it for me.  I am a size 8 (on my good days) but 10 was just beyond awesome.  It's technically a size "medium" and for me being only 5'5, a size medium was freaking fabulous!!!!

Congrats on your NSV ... I'm sure there are many more to come!!!

Jenn  

WWBD?  

tdallison
on 9/23/13 3:33 am - TX
VSG on 08/26/13

That is freakin' awesome!  You go girl!

Toni Dallison

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength" Phil. 4:13

(deactivated member)
on 9/23/13 4:45 am - Melrose, MA
VSG on 03/11/13

Congratulations!! Size10 is fantastic! I felt that way too when I reached a ten. Like FINALLY I am a normal size! Soon you'll be in the single digits!

B. Capri
on 9/23/13 10:00 am
Congratulations, this is amazing!
Bkgreeny5
on 9/23/13 1:36 pm

Congrats, I bet that feels amazing!

linzeelee
on 9/23/13 1:39 pm - Omaha, NE
VSG on 05/17/13

Congrats on the size 10s! That is so exciting. Looking at your pics, you look like an entirely different person, and I am being completely sincere when I say you were very pretty before, and now. Now you have a new glow, a sassiness (is that a word? LOL) about you. It's awesome!

Lindsay ~ 5'4" ~ HW (5/6/13): 280 ~ SW (5/17/13): 273 ~ CW: 140
Losses by month: pre-op: -8  M1: -18  M2: -12  M3: -13  M4: -9  M5: -10  M6: -12
  M7: -14  M8: -12  M9: -2  M10: -8  M11: -9  M12: -2  M13: -6  M14: -7

BREAZA
on 9/23/13 2:07 pm
VSG on 04/24/13

That is awesome!! I'm currently wearing size 12 and can't wait to slip into some 10's! Congrats to you!! :)

Sleeved 4/24/13

HW 250 / SW 216 / GW 135 (I'm 5'3")

Most Active